India has seen rapid and drastic growth in digitized and born digital data. Major part of the information produced may be attributed to government research establishments such as CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) laboratories, institutes of higher learning mostly universities, both central and state level universities and reputed institutes such as IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), IIMs (Indian Institute of Management). R&D organizations such as Regional Research Labs, Industrial R&D divisions also contribute to scientific data.
As of March 2021, DOAJ indexes 301 OA journals which are published in India. 98 OA digital repositories are registered in OpenDOAR. 18 OA policies are registered in ROARMAP which are at the institutional and funder levels.
In December 2014, India’s Ministry of Science and Technology, the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) and the Department of Science and Technology (DST) released a new Open Access Policy. Under the new OA policy, researchers who receive or have received funding since 2012 or use resources from these departments are mandated to deposit, within two weeks after acceptance by a journal, copies of the final papers and supporting data in institutional repositories where the information can be accessed by the public. This is a big step for the promotion of open access scholarly communications in India as DBT and DST are the nation's two top most scientific departments. The Open Access India community has welcomedAkhoon, I. U. H., S. A. Ganaie, and M. Khazir. 2018. “Research Data Management in Open Access Journals by Developed Countries A Comparative Study between the United States of America and United Kingdom.” Pp. 116–20 in IEEE 5th International Symposium on Emerging Trends and Technologies in Libraries and Information Services, ETTLIS 2018.
There is a fairly large educated and urban populace that is at a certain level of awareness of technology and literature in scientific organizations, R&D institutes and universities in India.
Also the fact that English is commonly the medium of instruction in Higher education and also serves as a common language for technical communications - written or oral, enables rapid growth of information in English. India was deemed an agrarian economy but research is reported in all sectors such as Industrial, Fundamental Sciences and Academics, Agriculture, Management, IT among several others.
More than other factors its impressive level of technical workforce at various levels in the metros and other cities is emerging. The effect percolates to ICT deployment for scientific and academic repositories CMS platform and journals.
The main barrier to OA in India is undoubtedly the absence of a National mandate on OA publishing. However, the recent establishment of an OA Policy by DBT and DST in 2014, has raised much awareness among the scientific community and the Indian Government regarding the need for it to be made a national movement towards opening up the local scientific research output.
Indian scientists and researchers report in national journals of academies and institutional repositories and are not cited. Among the reasons for this are lack of awareness of citations (Arunachalam & Madan, 2011), poor subscriber base and preference of the scientists to publish in foreign journals that have much higher impact factor than the Indian counterparts. Lack of funding and mandate towards publishing in institutional repositories could be one more reason.
- A steady growth has been recorded in the number of research and scientific publications owing to increased allocation to research and science. Reportedly India allocated about 36.1 billion USD on R&D in 2011. There are at least two nationwide consortia in India providing access to thousands of journals for academic and technical institutes.
- UGC-INFONET provides access to scholarly content to about 200 Indian Universities. UGC facilitates modernization of university campuses with state-of-the-art campus wide networks and has set up its own nationwide communication network named UGC-INFONET with INFLIBNET as its executing and coordinating agency.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has set-up the "Indian National Digital Library in Engineering Sciences and Technology (INDEST) Consortium". The Ministry provides funds required for subscription to electronic resources for (48) institutions including IISc, IITs, NITs, IIMs and a few other centrally-funded Government institutions through the consortium headquarters set-up at the IIT Delhi. Besides, (60) Government or Government-aided engineering colleges and technical departments in universities have joined the Consortium with financial support from the AICTE. However UGC-INFONET and INDEST mainly provide access subscribed and priced content in a consortium mode that helps the members through negotiated costs paid by the consortium.
- Another notable effort (center funded) is Shodhganga of the INFLIBNET providing an OA platform for thesis and dissertations in Indian Universities. The UGC Notification (Minimum Standards & Procedure for Award of M.Phil/PhD Degree, Regulation, 2009) dated 1st June 2009 provides for submission of electronic version of theses and dissertations with an aim to facilitate open access to Indian theses and dissertation to the academic community world-wide. As per the Regulation, the responsibility of hosting, maintaining and making the digital repository of Indian Electronic Theses and Dissertation (Shodhganga) accessible to all institutions and universities is assigned to the INFLIBNET Centre.
Events and Programs
Open Science and Open Data-Related Projects
- Open Source Drug Discovery (OSDD) Platform- OSDD is a CSIR-led team India Consortium with global partnership with a vision to provide affordable healthcare to the developing world by providing a global open scientific platform where scientists can collaborate & collectively endeavor to solve the complex problems associated with discovering novel therapies for neglected tropical diseases like Tuberculosis, Malaria, Leishmaniasis etc.
- Online Labs- This virtual scientific lab aims to serve as a comprehensive, encyclopedic reference about online labs in a variety of subjects, particularly virtual laboratory simulations for science education. The directory categorizes useful listings for online lab simulations, virtual science experiments and free educational software. Online Labs currently feature resources in Chemistry, Physics and Biology to help learners identify free and commercial virtual science labs. It also offers online educational resources and information about simulations and free software in Anatomy, Geology, Astronomy, Design and Math.
- Virtual Labs- This is a collaborative initiative of five scholarly institutes, namely, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Amrita University, Dayalbagh University, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Karnataka, and College of Engineering (COE) Pune. The Virtual Labs initiative provides remote-access to labs in various disciplines of Science and Engineering. These Labs cater to students at the undergraduate level, post graduate level as well as to research scholars and enable them to learn basic and advanced concepts through remote experimentation. It also offers additional web-resources, video-lectures, animated demonstrations and self-evaluations.
- AmeliCA Advocacy - AmeliCA a not for profit initiative supported by UNESCO, CLACSO and Redalyc is working policies and infrastructure for Open Science in Global South. In India and for South Asia, the Open Access India had started advocating for the adoption of AmeliCA XML markup system for the Open Access Journals for publication of the articles in enriched reading formats such as ePUBS, HTML, Mobile View etc. The AmeliCA is also making various services available to the not for profit open access publishers like responsible metrics, journals’s policies database, OJS users community forums, indexing journals and books and making them available to the world. In India, the Journal of Horticultural Sciences, published by the Society for Promotion of Horticulture had become the first journal to join the AmeliCA and use the AmeliCA XML. Efforts are also being made to have South Asian hub for AmeliCA in India hosted by the Indian Statistical Institute, Bengaluru.
- Alliance for open Access in India - After the successful organization of the OpenCon 2018 Delhi satellite event there were some thoughts on the formation of Alliance for the Open Access in India. The same was expressed on various social media platforms which had received a welcoming response. Now its a call for all the organizations and entities which are working for the establishment of Open Knowledge Society in India to join together to spearhead the Open Access movement in India. If your organization/society/community of practice would like to join the efforts, please share the details here in this form.
- IndiaRxiv (India Archive) – Preprints Repository of India - Seeing the growing need and importance of the preprint services in sharing the science and scholarship, the Open Access India after successful launch of AgriXiv is now planing to launch IndiaRxiv.org (India Archive), a preprints repository for Indian researchers and other scholars to share their research outputs or the scholarly works publicly with the peers to receive comments for improvement and collaborations for generating new knowledge for public good. This preprints service will be launched with the support of Centre for Open Science using their Open Science Framework and more information can be found at IndiaRxiv.in and also via its social media platforms Facebook & twitter.
- Forum for Open Access in South Asia - The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is the regional intergovernmental organization comprises of nations viz., Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, the Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka in South Asia. During the 11th SAARC Summit held at Kathmandu (26-27 November 2014), the Heads of the nations had resolved to eliminating illiteracy from the region in line with the global goal of education for all. The Open Access movements in these nations are gaining momentum and the communities of practice, Open Access Bangladesh, Open Access India and Open Access Pakistan are advocating for Open Access, Open Data and Open Education in their countries. Now the time has come to have united efforts by forming a Forum for Open Access in South Asia to take forward the movement by learning & sharing the experiences, using the common resources available, building e-infrastructure facilities and designing policies. Towards this, Forum for Open Access in South Asia will be working with the all stakeholders support and is open to all those who have interests in the Open Access and want to contribute to the movement. You may please express your interest here and may please join the Facebook group to get involved in the discussions or follow the Facebook page and twitter handle @asia_open for updates.
- National Open Access Policy for India - On behalf of the the Open Access India community, we have submitted a draft of the National Open Access Policy for India to the Ministries of HRD and S&T for their kind consideration to mandate #OpenAccess for all the public funded research and teaching in the country. You may see the draft of the policy here on google docs and is also posted on zenodo. Can be sited as: Open Access India. (2017, February 12). National Open Access Policy of India (Draft) Ver. 3. Zenodo. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.100261
- AgriXiv – Preprint Repository for Agriculture - Agriculture in the world is facing many challenges under the changing climate scenario. It needs attention and support for the development of adaptive, resilient and sustainable livelihoods. The research outputs generated in the process of addressing these challenges need to be made available immediately to all those working for understanding the situation and developing suitable solutions for mitigation. Seeing the importance of agriculture and the agricultural research, there is a need for an exclusive preprints servers in agriculture and allied sciences to facilitate sharing of interim results. Therefore, the Open Access India is proposing AgriXiv, a preprints repository for agriculture as a part of its objective, ‘development of community e-infrastructure for Open Access’ with the support of Open Science Framework. For more, please see https://agrixiv.wordpress.com/ and follow @AgriXiv.
- CrowdSource project on mapping the ISSN Journals from India - The aim of this project is to develop a comprehensive database of all the Journals which has ISSN issued from the NISCAIR. To the data already available from the NISCAIR, the other related information like the city of publication, weblink, copyright policies, contact details, subject and scope etc required to make it a robust database of Indian Journals with ISSN would be added with the help of volunteers. This database would then be integrated with the databases like Sherpa/RoMEO which keeps the record of Copyright policies of all the publishers and journals. To access the project, please see visit the link here.
Past and Future OA related Activities
October 20, 2020 from 4pm to 6pm – India
Organized by KBR and HL Human Development Foundation and Open Access India | Type: live, session
- Promoting Open Access Through Accessible Open Textbooks
- October 20, 2020 from 4pm to 6pm – India Organized by KBR and HL Human Development Foundation and Open Access India | Type: live, session
- October 23, 2018 from 4pm to 5:30pm – India Organized by DST Centre for Policy Research, IISc | Type: panel, discussion
- Open Access Week Celebrations by SPH
November 1, 2017 from 3pm to 3:45pm – India
Organized by Society for Promotion of Horticulture | Type: open, access, week, celebrations
October 26, 2017 at 6pm to October 31, 2017 at 7pm – India
Organized by PALANICHAMY ILANGUMARAN | Type: seminar
October 25, 2017 to October 27, 2017 – India
Organized by school of Library And Information Science, Central University of Gujarat | Type: educational
October 24, 2016 at 1pm to October 30, 2016 at 1:30pm – India
Organized by Open Access India | Type: webinar
October 20, 2016 to October 21, 2016 – India
Organized by Vrushali Dandawate | Type: workshop
October 17, 2016 to October 27, 2016 – India
Organized by PALANICHAMY ILANGUMARAN | Type: awareness, programme
- International Workshop on Modern Information Management for Research and Education Oriented Libraries (With Open Source Tools) 23 - 27 November 2015
November 23, 2015 at 10am to November 27, 2015 at 6pm – India
Organized by vrushali dandawate (Librarian AISSMSCOE) | Type: international, workshop
October 24, 2015 from 6pm to 11pm – India
Organized by Shravan Shah | Type: meetup
October 24, 2015 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm – India
Organized by DataMeet | Type: meetup
October 19, 2015 to October 25, 2015 – India
Organized by vrushali dandawate (Librarian) | Type: open, access, week
October 19, 2015 to October 25, 2015 – India
Organized by Ranjith Raj V | Type: literary, event
October 19, 2015 from 6pm to 7pm – India
Organized by Vrushali Dandawate | Type: workshop
October 24, 2013 at 6pm to October 27, 2013 at 7pm – India
Organized by Christina | Type: poster
October 20, 2020 from 4pm to 6pm – India
Organized by KBR and HL Human Development Foundation and Open Access India | Type: live, session
- Publishing (Open) Data, ISI CODATA Workshop, Bangalore, India, March 7, 2015.
- Preparing Data for (Open) Publication, ISI CODATA Workshop, Bangalore, India, March 7, 2015.
- February 28, 2015: India Open Data Summit organized by Open Knowledge India. The event comprised of talks and workshops relating to Open Data, Open Science, Open Research and Open Education. The summit was held at Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- Workshop on Open Access: Chennai, India, May 2014. INASP contributed to this workshop organised by the M S Swaminathan Research Foundation, in conjunction with the Electronic Publishing Trust.
- Data Citation: A Critical Role for Publishers, SciDataCon 2014, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, India, November 5, 2014.
- Publishing Open Research Data, SciDataCon 2014, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, India, November 2, 2014.
- March 22- 23, 2014: "Workshop on DSpace: Open Source Software for Building Digital Repositories/ Libraries" held at Cochin University of Science and Technology.
- August 4-5, 2014: "National Conference on Scholarly Communication and Intellectual Property Rights (SCIPR-2014)" held at the School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada, India.
- IEEE International Conference on Technology for Education T4E-2012, July 18 – 20, 2012 at IIIT-Hyderabad, India
- UNESCO Open Access Seminar, New Delhi. March, 2011.
- The Centre for Internet and Society (CIS) and CSIR Conference on Open Access 2009
- INSA Brainstorming meet on open access, FOSS and copyright law for scholarly communication and literary work, 2008
- Workshop on Electronic Publishing and Open Access Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 2006
- NCRA Workshop on DSpace : an open source digital library software, 2006
- Annual Meeting of the Indian Science Congress Association held at Hyderabad in January 2006, Session on Open Access
- IIM Kozhikode series of workshops on building Digital Repositories using GSDL and DSpace (2005 onwards)
- MSSRF organized two three-day workshops on setting up institutional repositories using e-prints software, 2004.
- Annual General Meeting of the Indian National Science Academy (INSA), held at the National Chemical Laboratory, Pune - Session on Open Access, 2003.
- 2003-2011 -- 50+ technical workshops conducted by ARD Prasad and Devika Madalli across India and Sri Lanka (1 in Thailand). OSS for Open Access Repositories. Practical Training on use of DSpace
- The International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries (ICADL), Bangalore, India, 2001
- Conference on Advances in Information Access and Science Communication held at M S Swaminathan Research Foundation, Chennai, (MSSRF) on 16 – 17 September 2000, (a tribute to Dr. Eugene Garfield on his 75th birthday).
- Zia, S. 2021. “An Analysis of Research Output in Open Access Journals in BRICS Countries: A Bibliometric Study.” Global Knowledge, Memory and Communication. doi: 10.1108/GKMC-08-2020-0109.
- Bhunia, G. S., P. K. Shit, and D. Sengupta. 2021. “Free-Open Access Geospatial Data and Tools for Forest Resources Management.” Environmental Science and Engineering 651–75. doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-56542-8_28.
- Iyengar, K. P., V. K. Jain, S. Bahl, and R. Vaishya. 2021. “Can Open Access Publishing Be Made ‘JUST’ for Authors from Low-Middle Income Countries?” American Journal of Emergency Medicine. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2021.01.041.
- Akhoon, I. U. H., S. A. Ganaie, and M. Khazir. 2018. “Research Data Management in Open Access Journals by Developed Countries A Comparative Study between United States of America and United Kingdom.” Pp. 116–20 in IEEE 5th International Symposium on Emerging Trends and Technologies in Libraries and Information Services, ETTLIS 2018.
- Ali, M., F. A. Loan, and R. Mushatq. 2018. “Open Access Scientific Digital Repositories : An Analytical Study of the Open DOAR.” Pp. 213–16 in IEEE 5th International Symposium on Emerging Trends and Technologies in Libraries and Information Services, ETTLIS 2018.
- Ambure, P., R. B. Aher, A. Gajewicz, T. Puzyn, and K. Roy. 2015. “‘NanoBRIDGES’ Software: Open Access Tools to Perform QSAR and Nano-QSAR Modeling.” Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems 147:1–13. doi: 10.1016/j.chemolab.2015.07.007.
- Aneeja, G., and S. Gutam. 2009. “Prospects of Open Access to Indian Agricultural Research: A Case Study of ICAR.” First Monday 14(7).
- Ansari, K. A. 2011. “Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science (JAPS): A New Open-Access International Journal in the Field of Pharmaceutical Science.” Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 1(1):1.
- Aqil, M. 2004. “Open Access Publishing: A Boon for Scientific Community.” Medical Science Monitor 10(5).
- Aragudige, N., and M. Vasanthakumar. 2014. “Will Open-Access Journals Substitute Big-Deal Subscriptions in Engineering College Libraries in India?” Electronic Library 32(6):852–63. doi: 10.1108/EL-12-2012-0164.
- Arunachalam, S. 2004a. “Open Access and the Developing World.” National Medical Journal of India 17(6):289–91.
- Arunachalam, S. 2004b. “Workshops on Open Access .” Current Science 86(7):892.
- Arunachalam, S. 2004c. “Workshops on Open Access in India.” Current Science 86(12):1589–90.
- Arunachalam, S. 2008. “Open Access in India: Hopes and Frustrations.” Pp. 271–79 in Open Scholarship: Authority, Community, and Sustainability in the Age of Web 2.0 - Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Electronic Publishing, ELPUB 2008.
- Arunachalam, S. 2017. “Social Justice in Scholarly Publishing: Open Access Is the Only Way.” American Journal of Bioethics 17(10):15–17. doi: 10.1080/15265161.2017.1366194.
- Aswathy, S., and A. Gopikuttan. 2013. “Open Access Literature Productivity of Physics: A DOAJ Perspective.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2013.
- Bansal, S. 2020a. “Data from ‘Grey Literature Archiving Pattern in Brics Open Access Repositories.’” Grey Journal 16(3):204–5. doi: 10.17026/dans-29j-6wbw.
- Bansal, S. 2020b. “Grey Literature Archiving Pattern in Brics Open Access Repositories.” Grey Journal 16(3):199–203.
- Barik, N., and P. Jena. 2019a. “Authorship Distribution and Collaboration in LIS Open Access Journals: A Scopus Based Analysis during 2001 to 2015.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2019.
- Barik, N., and P. Jena. 2019b. “Bibliometric Portrait of Select Open Access Journals in the Field of Library and Information Science: A Scopus Based Analysis.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2019.
- Barik, N., and P. Jena. 2019c. “Visibility and Growth of LIS Research Publications: A Scopus Based Analysis of Select Open Access Journals during 2001 to 2015.” Library Hi Tech News 36(7):1–11. doi: 10.1108/LHTN-05-2019-0035.
- Bashir, A., A. A. Mir, and Z. A. Sofi. 2019. “Global Landscape of Open Access Repositories.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2019.
- Bashir, B., N. Nasreen, and F. A. Loan. 2020. “Bibliographic Mapping of Open Access Google Books on Peace and War.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2020:1–12.
- Bhar, C., G. Das, A. Dixit, B. Lannoo, M. V. Der Wee, D. Colle, D. Datta, M. Pickavet, and P. Demeester. 2015. “A Green Open Access Optical Distribution Network with Incremental Deployment Support.” Journal of Lightwave Technology 33(19):4079–92. doi: 10.1109/JLT.2015.2456100.
- Bhardwaj, R. K., and M. Madhusudhanb. 2014. “Open Access Legal Information Sources and Their Use by Students of National Law University.” Annals of Library and Information Studies 60(4):314–19.
- Bhaskaran, P., and D. Koovakkai. 2019. “Perception of Library Professionals in Kerala Towards Open Access Publications: A Gender Wise Study.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2019.
- Bhat, M. H. 2009a. “Effect of Peer Review on Citations in the Open Access Environment.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2009(DEC):1–6.
- Bhat, M. H. 2009b. “Open Access Publishing in Indian Premier Research Institutions.” Information Research 14(3).
- Bhat, M. H. 2009c. “Open Access Repositories in Computer Science and Information Technology: An Evaluation.” IFLA Journal 35(3):243–57. doi: 10.1177/0340035209346210.
- Bhat, M. H. 2010a. “Interoperability of Open Access Repositories in Computer Science and IT - an Evaluation.” Library Hi Tech 28(1):107–18. doi: 10.1108/07378831011026724.
- Bhat, M. H. 2010b. “Open Access Repositories: A Review.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2010(MAY):1–8.
- Chaddah, P. 2015. “Lessons on Impact Factor from the ‘DBT and DST Open Access Policy.’” Proceedings of the Indian National Science Academy 81(3):553–55. doi: 10.16943/ptinsa/2015/v81i3/48232.
- Chaddah, P. 2016. “Enhancing the Efficacy of the ‘DBT and DST Open Access Policy.’” Current Science 110(3):294–95.
- Chakrabarti, A., and B. Maharana. 2019. “LIS Open Access Institutional Digital Repositories in OpenDOAR: An Appraisal.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2019.
- Chan, L., S. Arunachalam, and B. Kirsop. 2009a. “Open Access: A Giant Leap towards Bridging Health Inequities.” Bulletin of the World Health Organization 87(8):631–35. doi: 10.2471/BLT.09.064659.
- Chan, L., S. Arunachalam, and B. Kirsop. 2009b. “The Chain of Communication in Health Science: From Researcher to Health Worker through Open Access.” Open Medicine 3(3):111–19.
- Chapa, F., S. Hariharan, and J. Hack. 2019. “A New Approach to High-Resolution Urban Land Use Classification Using Open Access Software and True Color Satellite Images.” Sustainability (Switzerland) 11(19). doi: 10.3390/su11195266.
- Chauhan, K. 2012. “Selected Free E-Journals in Library and Information Science in Directory of Open Access Journals.” DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology 32(4):339–46. doi: 10.14429/djlit.32.4.2529.
- Chavan, V., and A. S. Khadkikar. 2006. “Open Access Geospatial Data Repository .” Current Science 90(5):617–18.
- Choubey, J., J. Choudhari, A. Patel, and M. Verma. 2017. “Respiratory Cancer Database: An Open Access Database of Respiratory Cancer Gene and MiRNA.” Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics 13(3):487–90. doi: 10.4103/0973-1482.168978.
- Dandawate, V. S., and M. Dhanamjaya. 2019. “A Review of the Open-Access Scenario in Afghanistan.” Library Hi Tech 37(4):660–68. doi: 10.1108/LHT-01-2019-0020.
- Das, A. K. 2015. “UNESCO Launches Open Access Curriculum for Young and Early Career Researchers.” Current Science 109(3):400–401.
- Das, A. K. 2018. “Delhi Declaration on Open Access 2018: An Overview.” Annals of Library and Information Studies 65(1):83–84.
- Dasgupta, S. 2013. “The Open Access Consumer: Deemed or Damned.” Economic and Political Weekly 48(1):17–19.
- De, S., and P. Mondal. 2020. “Open Access E-Books on Big Data: An Analytical Study through DOAB.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2020:1–15.
- Devaraj, S., and K. Yarrakula. 2020. “Evaluation of Sentinel 1–Derived and Open-Access Digital Elevation Model Products in Mountainous Areas of Western Ghats, India.” Arabian Journal of Geosciences 13(20). doi: 10.1007/s12517-020-06108-w.
- Dhamdhere, S., and R. Lihitkar. 2016. Commercial and Open Access Integrated Information Search Tools in Indian Libraries.
- Dhanavandan, S., and M. Tamizhchelvan. 2016. “Availability of Open Access Books in DOAB: An Analytical Study.” DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology 36(2):79–87. doi: 10.14429/djlit.36.2.9440.
- Dora, M., and B. Maharana. 2012. “Driving on the Green Road: Self-Archiving Research for Open Access in India.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2012(1).
- Esposito, J. J. 2008. “Open Access 2.0: Scholarly Publications Move to a New Phase - Where OA and Traditional Publishing Coexist.” Logos (Netherlands) 19(2):89–97b. doi: 10.2959/logo.2008.19.2.89.
- Fakrudhin Ali Ahamed, H., and A. Sulochana. 2019. “Open Access Resources in Science and Technology: An Overview.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2019.
- Gadagkar, R. 2008. “Open-Access More Harm than Good in Developing World.” Nature 453(7194):450. doi: 10.1038/453450c.
- Gaikwad, J., and V. Chavan. 2006. “Open Access and Biodiversity Conservation: Challenges and Potentials for the Developing World.” Data Science Journal 5:1–17. doi: 10.2481/dsj.5.1.
- Gautier, A., and M. Mitra. 2008. “Regulation of an Open Access Essential Facility.” Economica 75(300):662–82. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0335.2007.00638.x.
- Ghosh, M. 2008. “National Seminar on Open Access Movement – Initiatives, Promotion and Impact @ Kashmir Valley: A Brief Report.” Library Hi Tech News 25(9):1–4. doi: 10.1108/07419050810946169.
- Ghosh, M. 2009. “Information Professionals in the Open Access Era: The Competencies, Challenges and New Roles.” Information Development 25(1):33–42. doi: 10.1177/0266666908098075.
- Ghosh, M. 2011. “Advocacy for Open Access: A Selected Review of the Literature and Resource List.” Library Hi Tech News 28(2):19–23. doi: 10.1108/07419051111135245.
- Ghosh, S. B., and A. Kumar Das. 2007. “Open Access and Institutional Repositories — A Developing Country Perspective: A Case Study of India.” IFLA Journal 33(3):229–50. doi: 10.1177/0340035207083304.
- Gonsalves, R. 2014. “Evaluation of Outage Probability in Two-Tier Open Access Femtocell Networks.” Pp. 201–6 in 2014 International Conference on Circuits, Systems, Communication and Information Technology Applications, CSCITA 2014.
- Govind, N., and A. Rajanikanth. 2015. “Window towards Bygone Life - World Wide Open Access.” Current Science 109(11):1912.
- Govindarajan, R., and S. Dhanavandan. 2019. “Open Access Publishing Model: Preferences, Opportunities, and Challenges - an Opinion Survey among Teaching Staff in Higher Education Institutions In Tamilnadu.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2019.
- Gul, S., S. Gupta, T. A. Shah, N. T. Nisa, S. Manzoor, and R. Rasool. 2019. “Evolving Landscape of Scholarly Journals in Open Access Environment.” Global Knowledge, Memory and Communication 68(6–7):550–67. doi: 10.1108/GKMC-10-2018-0085.
- Gul, S., I. Mahajan, T. A. Shah, N. T. Nisa, S. Ahmad, H. Shafiq, S. Shueb, and A. Hussain. 2018. “Influence of Personality Traits on Open Access Mode of Publishing.” Online Information Review 42(4):535–44. doi: 10.1108/OIR-11-2016-0335.
- Gul, S., and T. A. Shah. 2014. A Lost Dimension in the Open Scholarly World: Authors’ Experiences and Open Access Publishing. Vols. 2–4.
- Gul, S., T. A. Shah, and T. A. Baghwan. 2010. “Culture of Open Access in the University of Kashmir: A Researcher’s Viewpoint.” Aslib Proceedings: New Information Perspectives 62(2):210–22. doi: 10.1108/00012531011035008.
- Gul, S., T. A. Shah, and N. T. Nisa. 2014. “Emerging Web 2.0 Applications in Open Access Scholarly Journals in the Field of Agriculture and Food Sciences.” Library Review 63:670–83. doi: 10.1108/LR-05-2013-0060.
- Gunasekaran, S., and S. Arunachalam. 2011. “Use of Open Access Journals by Indian Researchers.” Current Science 101(10):1287–95.
- Gunasekaran, S., and S. Arunachalam. 2012. “Impact Factors of Indian Open Access Journals Rising.” Current Science 103(7):757–60.
- Gunasekaran, S., and S. Arunachalam. 2014. “The Impact Factors of Open Access and Subscription Journals across Fields.” Current Science 107(3):380–88.
- Gupta, P. K., and J. Arora. 2009. “National Seminar on Open Access on Textual and Multimedia Content: Bridging the Digital Divide: Brief Report.” Library Hi Tech News 26(3–4):5–7. doi: 10.1108/07419050910979928.
- Gutam, S., G. Aneeja, A. K. Mishra, P. S. Pandey, and H. Chandrasekharan. 2010. “Open Access: Making Science Research Accessible.” Economic and Political Weekly 45(47):19–22.
- Gutam, S., A. K. Mishra, P. S. Pandey, H. Chandrasekharan, and G. Aneeja. 2010. “Need of Open Access Repositories for NARS in India.” Current Science 98(12):1564–66.
- Hadlee, N. A., and S. Kayalvizhi. 2011. “Increasing Sybil Attack Detection Probability in Open-Access Distributed Systems.” Pp. 1137–42 in International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology, ICRTIT 2011.
- Hemantha Kumar, G. H., V. Srinivasa, M. Bhaskara Reddy, and B. T. Chandra. 2012. “India’s Contribution to Agriculture and Food Sciences through Open Access Literature.” DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology 32(1):53–58. doi: 10.14429/djlit.32.1.1406.
- Henderson, J. R., D. McFarland, A. Hastings, P. Sahni, M. Held, W. Wells, C. J. MacCallum, A. Gass, and R. M. Harington. 2005. “Open Access - Who Will Pay the Price?” Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 3(4):222–27. doi: 10.2307/3868467.
- Husain, S., and M. Nazim. 2013. “Analysis of Open Access Scholarly Journals in Media & Communication.” DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology 33(5):405–11. doi: 10.14429/djlit.33.5106.
- Ibrahim, S., and I. N. Beigh. 2019. “Contribution of the UK Open Access Repositories to OpenDOAR.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2019.
- Inkollu, S. R., and V. R. Kota. 2016. “A Two-Stage Hybrid Optimization Approach to Improve Transmission System Performance Using FACTS Controllers under Open Access Environment.” International Journal of Grid and Distributed Computing 9(8):287–98. doi: 10.14257/ijgdc.2016.9.8.25.
- Iqbal, J., and P. M. Naushad Ali. 2017. “Familiarity and Utilization of Open Access Resources: A Study of Library Users of Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) & Pondicherry University (PU).” Information and Learning Science 118(3–4):1–21. doi: 10.1108/ILS-12-2016-0080.
- Iyer, V., and G. S. Azhar. 2013. “Open Access or No Access.” Current Science 105(9):1202.
- Jacob, S. R. 2011. “Of Science, Copyright and Open Access.” Current Science 100(5):601.
- Jain, N. C. 2013. “Open Access Ensures Effective Information Retrieval of Medical Literature in E-Databases.” Indian Journal of Community Medicine 38(1):1–3. doi: 10.4103/0970-0218.106615.
- Jain, S., and N. K. Jain. 2020. “Cost of Electricity Banking under Open-Access Arrangement: A Case of Solar Electricity in India.” Renewable Energy 146:776–88. doi: 10.1016/j.renene.2019.06.172.
- Jandoo, T., and A. B. Vedamurthy. 2012. “Open Access to Scientific Information: A Review of Initiatives.” DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology 32(3):255–60. doi: 10.14429/djlit.32.3.2383.
- Jayakanth, F., F. Minj, and P. G. Dastidar. 2012. “Setting up an Open Access Digital Repository: A Case Study.” Annals of Library and Information Studies 59(1):16–24.
- Jayakodi, M., B. S. Choi, S. C. Lee, N. H. Kim, J. Y. Park, W. Jang, M. Lakshmanan, S. V. G. Mohan, D. Y. Lee, and T. J. Yang. 2018. “Ginseng Genome Database: An Open-Access Platform for Genomics of Panax Ginseng.” BMC Plant Biology 18(1). doi: 10.1186/s12870-018-1282-9.
- Jhamb, G., and A. Samim. 2017. “Contribution to Open Access Repository by the Central Universities of India: A Case Study of Shodhganga.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2017.
- Joicy, A. J., and S. Ally Sornam. 2019. “A Study on the Use of Selected Open Access Resources among Faculty Members of Christian Colleges in Kerala.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2019.
- Joshi, A. N., R. M. Vatnal, and G. A. Manjunath. 2012. “Open Access Initiatives: A Boon to Academic Libraries.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2012(1).
- Kadekodi, G. K. 1998. “Common Pool Resources: An Institutional Movement from Open Access to Common Property Resources.” Energy Sources 20(4–5):317–32. doi: 10.1080/00908319808970064.
- Kanchan, T., and K. Krishan. 2015. “Impact Factor and Open Access-a Misconstrued Association.” Current Science 109(3):397.
- Kandi, V. 2015. “Peer Review Process, Open-Access Publication, and Ethical Issues in Scientific Communications.” Annals of Tropical Medicine and Public Health 8(4):79–80. doi: 10.4103/1755-6783.162308.
- Kannan, S., and S. Gowri. 2014. “A Study with Spoof Paper - Reflection of Reviewing Processes in Open - Access Journals.” Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics 5(1):59. doi: 10.4103/0976-500X.124427.
- Kattge, J., G. Bönisch, S. Díaz, S. Lavorel, I. C. Prentice, P. Leadley, S. Tautenhahn, G. D. A. Werner, T. Aakala, M. Abedi, A. T. R. Acosta, G. C. Adamidis, K. Adamson, M. Aiba, C. H. Albert, J. M. Alcántara, C. Alcázar C, I. Aleixo, H. Ali, B. Amiaud, C. Ammer, M. M. Amoroso, M. Anand, C. Anderson, N. Anten, J. Antos, D. M. G. Apgaua, T. L. Ashman, D. H. Asmara, G. P. Asner, M. Aspinwall, O. Atkin, I. Aubin, L. Baastrup-Spohr, K. Bahalkeh, M. Bahn, T. Baker, W. J. Baker, J. P. Bakker, D. Baldocchi, J. Baltzer, A. Banerjee, A. Baranger, J. Barlow, D. R. Barneche, Z. Baruch, D. Bastianelli, J. Battles, W. Bauerle, M. Bauters, E. Bazzato, M. Beckmann, H. Beeckman, C. Beierkuhnlein, R. Bekker, G. Belfry, M. Belluau, M. Beloiu, R. Benavides, L. Benomar, M. L. Berdugo-Lattke, E. Berenguer, R. Bergamin, J. Bergmann, M. Bergmann Carlucci, L. Berner, M. Bernhardt-Römermann, C. Bigler, A. D. Bjorkman, C. Blackman, C. Blanco, B. Blonder, D. Blumenthal, K. T. Bocanegra-González, P. Boeckx, S. Bohlman, K. Böhning-Gaese, L. Boisvert-Marsh, W. Bond, B. Bond-Lamberty, A. Boom, C. C. F. Boonman, K. Bordin, E. H. Boughton, V. Boukili, D. M. J. S. Bowman, S. Bravo, M. R. Brendel, M. R. Broadley, K. A. Brown, H. Bruelheide, F. Brumnich, H. H. Bruun, D. Bruy, S. W. Buchanan, S. F. Bucher, N. Buchmann, R. Buitenwerf, D. E. Bunker, J. Bürger, S. Burrascano, D. F. R. P. Burslem, B. J. Butterfield, C. Byun, M. Marques, M. C. Scalon, M. Caccianiga, M. Cadotte, M. Cailleret, J. Camac, J. J. Camarero, C. Campany, G. Campetella, J. A. Campos, L. Cano-Arboleda, R. Canullo, M. Carbognani, F. Carvalho, F. Casanoves, B. Castagneyrol, J. A. Catford, J. Cavender-Bares, B. E. L. Cerabolini, M. Cervellini, E. Chacón-Madrigal, K. Chapin, F. S. Chapin, S. Chelli, S. C. Chen, A. Chen, P. Cherubini, F. Chianucci, B. Choat, K. S. Chung, M. Chytrý, D. Ciccarelli, L. Coll, C. G. Collins, L. Conti, D. Coomes, J. H. C. Cornelissen, W. K. Cornwell, P. Corona, M. Coyea, J. Craine, D. Craven, J. P. G. M. Cromsigt, A. Csecserits, K. Cufar, M. Cuntz, A. C. da Silva, K. M. Dahlin, M. Dainese, I. Dalke, M. Dalle Fratte, A. T. Dang-Le, J. Danihelka, M. Dannoura, S. Dawson, A. J. de Beer, A. De Frutos, J. R. De Long, B. Dechant, S. Delagrange, N. Delpierre, G. Derroire, A. S. Dias, M. H. Diaz-Toribio, P. G. Dimitrakopoulos, M. Dobrowolski, D. Doktor, P. Dřevojan, N. Dong, J. Dransfield, S. Dressler, L. Duarte, E. Ducouret, S. Dullinger, W. Durka, R. Duursma, O. Dymova, A. E-Vojtkó, R. L. Eckstein, H. Ejtehadi, J. Elser, T. Emilio, K. Engemann, M. B. Erfanian, A. Erfmeier, A. Esquivel-Muelbert, G. Esser, M. Estiarte, T. F. Domingues, W. F. Fagan, J. Fagúndez, D. S. Falster, Y. Fan, J. Fang, E. Farris, F. Fazlioglu, Y. Feng, F. Fernandez-Mendez, C. Ferrara, J. Ferreira, A. Fidelis, B. Finegan, J. Firn, T. J. Flowers, D. F. B. Flynn, V. Fontana, E. Forey, C. Forgiarini, L. François, M. Frangipani, D. Frank, C. Frenette-Dussault, G. T. Freschet, E. L. Fry, N. M. Fyllas, G. G. Mazzochini, S. Gachet, R. Gallagher, G. Ganade, F. Ganga, P. García-Palacios, V. Gargaglione, E. Garnier, J. L. Garrido, A. L. de Gasper, G. Gea-Izquierdo, D. Gibson, A. N. Gillison, A. Giroldo, M. C. Glasenhardt, S. Gleason, M. Gliesch, E. Goldberg, B. Göldel, E. Gonzalez-Akre, J. L. Gonzalez-Andujar, A. González-Melo, A. González-Robles, B. J. Graae, E. Granda, S. Graves, W. A. Green, T. Gregor, N. Gross, G. R. Guerin, A. Günther, A. G. Gutiérrez, L. Haddock, A. Haines, J. Hall, A. Hambuckers, W. Han, S. P. Harrison, W. Hattingh, J. E. Hawes, T. He, P. He, J. M. Heberling, A. Helm, S. Hempel, J. Hentschel, B. Hérault, A. M. Hereş, K. Herz, M. Heuertz, T. Hickler, P. Hietz, P. Higuchi, A. L. Hipp, A. Hirons, M. Hock, J. A. Hogan, K. Holl, O. Honnay, D. Hornstein, E. Hou, N. Hough-Snee, K. A. Hovstad, T. Ichie, B. Igić, E. Illa, M. Isaac, M. Ishihara, L. Ivanov, L. Ivanova, C. M. Iversen, J. Izquierdo, R. B. Jackson, B. Jackson, H. Jactel, A. M. Jagodzinski, U. Jandt, S. Jansen, T. Jenkins, A. Jentsch, J. R. P. Jespersen, G. F. Jiang, J. L. Johansen, D. Johnson, E. J. Jokela, C. A. Joly, G. J. Jordan, G. S. Joseph, D. Junaedi, R. R. Junker, E. Justes, R. Kabzems, J. Kane, Z. Kaplan, T. Kattenborn, L. Kavelenova, E. Kearsley, A. Kempel, T. Kenzo, A. Kerkhoff, M. I. Khalil, N. L. Kinlock, W. D. Kissling, K. Kitajima, T. Kitzberger, R. Kjøller, T. Klein, M. Kleyer, J. Klimešová, J. Klipel, B. Kloeppel, S. Klotz, J. M. H. Knops, T. Kohyama, F. Koike, J. Kollmann, B. Komac, K. Komatsu, C. König, N. J. B. Kraft, K. Kramer, H. Kreft, I. Kühn, D. Kumarathunge, J. Kuppler, H. Kurokawa, Y. Kurosawa, S. Kuyah, J. P. Laclau, B. Lafleur, E. Lallai, E. Lamb, A. Lamprecht, D. J. Larkin, D. Laughlin, Y. Le Bagousse-Pinguet, G. le Maire, P. C. le Roux, E. le Roux, T. Lee, F. Lens, S. L. Lewis, B. Lhotsky, Y. Li, X. Li, J. W. Lichstein, M. Liebergesell, J. Y. Lim, Y. S. Lin, J. C. Linares, C. Liu, D. Liu, U. Liu, S. Livingstone, J. Llusià, M. Lohbeck, Á. López-García, G. Lopez-Gonzalez, Z. Lososová, F. Louault, B. A. Lukács, P. Lukeš, Y. Luo, M. Lussu, S. Ma, C. Maciel Rabelo Pereira, M. Mack, V. Maire, A. Mäkelä, H. Mäkinen, A. C. M. Malhado, A. Mallik, P. Manning, S. Manzoni, Z. Marchetti, L. Marchino, V. Marcilio-Silva, E. Marcon, M. Marignani, L. Markesteijn, A. Martin, C. Martínez-Garza, J. Martínez-Vilalta, T. Mašková, K. Mason, N. Mason, T. J. Massad, J. Masse, I. Mayrose, J. McCarthy, M. L. McCormack, K. McCulloh, I. R. McFadden, B. J. McGill, M. Y. McPartland, J. S. Medeiros, B. Medlyn, P. Meerts, Z. Mehrabi, P. Meir, F. P. L. Melo, M. Mencuccini, C. Meredieu, J. Messier, I. Mészáros, J. Metsaranta, S. T. Michaletz, C. Michelaki, S. Migalina, R. Milla, J. E. D. Miller, V. Minden, R. Ming, K. Mokany, A. T. Moles, A. Molnár, J. Molofsky, M. Molz, R. A. Montgomery, A. Monty, L. Moravcová, A. Moreno-Martínez, M. Moretti, A. S. Mori, S. Mori, D. Morris, J. Morrison, L. Mucina, S. Mueller, C. D. Muir, S. C. Müller, F. Munoz, I. H. Myers-Smith, R. W. Myster, M. Nagano, S. Naidu, A. Narayanan, B. Natesan, L. Negoita, A. S. Nelson, E. L. Neuschulz, J. Ni, G. Niedrist, J. Nieto, Ü. Niinemets, R. Nolan, H. Nottebrock, Y. Nouvellon, A. Novakovskiy, K. O. Nystuen, A. O’Grady, K. O’Hara, A. O’Reilly-Nugent, S. Oakley, W. Oberhuber, T. Ohtsuka, R. Oliveira, K. Öllerer, M. E. Olson, V. Onipchenko, Y. Onoda, R. E. Onstein, J. C. Ordonez, N. Osada, I. Ostonen, G. Ottaviani, S. Otto, G. E. Overbeck, W. A. Ozinga, A. T. Pahl, C. E. T. Paine, R. J. Pakeman, A. C. Papageorgiou, E. Parfionova, M. Pärtel, M. Patacca, S. Paula, J. Paule, H. Pauli, J. G. Pausas, B. Peco, J. Penuelas, A. Perea, P. L. Peri, A. C. Petisco-Souza, A. Petraglia, A. M. Petritan, O. L. Phillips, S. Pierce, V. D. Pillar, J. Pisek, A. Pomogaybin, H. Poorter, A. Portsmuth, P. Poschlod, C. Potvin, D. Pounds, A. S. Powell, S. A. Power, A. Prinzing, G. Puglielli, P. Pyšek, V. Raevel, A. Rammig, J. Ransijn, C. A. Ray, P. B. Reich, M. Reichstein, D. E. B. Reid, M. Réjou-Méchain, V. R. de Dios, S. Ribeiro, S. Richardson, K. Riibak, M. C. Rillig, F. Riviera, E. M. R. Robert, S. Roberts, B. Robroek, A. Roddy, A. V. Rodrigues, A. Rogers, E. Rollinson, V. Rolo, C. Römermann, D. Ronzhina, C. Roscher, J. A. Rosell, M. F. Rosenfield, C. Rossi, D. B. Roy, S. Royer-Tardif, N. Rüger, R. Ruiz-Peinado, S. B. Rumpf, G. M. Rusch, M. Ryo, L. Sack, A. Saldaña, B. Salgado-Negret, R. Salguero-Gomez, I. Santa-Regina, A. C. Santacruz-García, J. Santos, J. Sardans, B. Schamp, M. Scherer-Lorenzen, M. Schleuning, B. Schmid, M. Schmidt, S. Schmitt, J. V. Schneider, S. D. Schowanek, J. Schrader, F. Schrodt, B. Schuldt, F. Schurr, G. Selaya Garvizu, M. Semchenko, C. Seymour, J. C. Sfair, J. M. Sharpe, C. S. Sheppard, S. Sheremetiev, S. Shiodera, B. Shipley, T. A. Shovon, A. Siebenkäs, C. Sierra, V. Silva, M. Silva, T. Sitzia, H. Sjöman, M. Slot, N. G. Smith, D. Sodhi, P. Soltis, D. Soltis, B. Somers, G. Sonnier, M. V. Sørensen, E. E. Sosinski, N. A. Soudzilovskaia, A. F. Souza, M. Spasojevic, M. G. Sperandii, A. B. Stan, J. Stegen, K. Steinbauer, J. G. Stephan, F. Sterck, D. B. Stojanovic, T. Strydom, M. L. Suarez, J. C. Svenning, I. Svitková, M. Svitok, M. Svoboda, E. Swaine, N. Swenson, M. Tabarelli, K. Takagi, U. Tappeiner, R. Tarifa, S. Tauugourdeau, C. Tavsanoglu, M. te Beest, L. Tedersoo, N. Thiffault, D. Thom, E. Thomas, K. Thompson, P. E. Thornton, W. Thuiller, L. Tichý, D. Tissue, M. G. Tjoelker, D. Y. P. Tng, J. Tobias, P. Török, T. Tarin, J. M. Torres-Ruiz, B. Tóthmérész, M. Treurnicht, V. Trivellone, F. Trolliet, V. Trotsiuk, J. L. Tsakalos, I. Tsiripidis, N. Tysklind, T. Umehara, V. Usoltsev, M. Vadeboncoeur, J. Vaezi, F. Valladares, J. Vamosi, P. M. van Bodegom, M. van Breugel, E. Van Cleemput, M. van de Weg, S. van der Merwe, F. van der Plas, M. T. van der Sande, M. van Kleunen, K. Van Meerbeek, M. Vanderwel, K. A. Vanselow, A. Vårhammar, L. Varone, M. Y. Vasquez Valderrama, K. Vassilev, M. Vellend, E. J. Veneklaas, H. Verbeeck, K. Verheyen, A. Vibrans, I. Vieira, J. Villacís, C. Violle, P. Vivek, K. Wagner, M. Waldram, A. Waldron, A. P. Walker, M. Waller, G. Walther, H. Wang, F. Wang, W. Wang, H. Watkins, J. Watkins, U. Weber, J. T. Weedon, L. Wei, P. Weigelt, E. Weiher, A. W. Wells, C. Wellstein, E. Wenk, M. Westoby, A. Westwood, P. J. White, M. Whitten, M. Williams, D. E. Winkler, K. Winter, C. Womack, I. J. Wright, S. J. Wright, J. Wright, B. X. Pinho, F. Ximenes, T. Yamada, K. Yamaji, R. Yanai, N. Yankov, B. Yguel, K. J. Zanini, A. E. Zanne, D. Zelený, Y. P. Zhao, J. Zheng, J. Zheng, K. Ziemińska, C. R. Zirbel, G. Zizka, I. C. Zo-Bi, G. Zotz, and C. Wirth. 2020. “TRY Plant Trait Database – Enhanced Coverage and Open Access.” Global Change Biology 26(1):119–88. doi: 10.1111/gcb.14904.
- Kaushik, A. 2012. “Mapping Marketing Library Services Related Literature in Lis Open Access Journals.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2012(1).
- Khanchandani, V., and M. Kumar. 2017. “Mapping of E-Books in Science & Technology: An Analytical Study of Directory of Open Access Books.” DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology 37(3):172–79. doi: 10.14429/djlit.37.3.10692.
- Kirtania, D. K. 2018. “Bibliometric Study of Indian Open Access Social Science Literature.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2018.
- Krishnamurthy, M. 2008. “Open Access, Open Source and Digital Libraries: A Current Trend in University Libraries around the World.” Program 42(1):48–55. doi: 10.1108/00330330810851582.
- Kumar, L., A. Singh, and V. Sharma. 2019. “Analysis on Multiple Optical Line Terminal Passive Optical Network Based Open Access Network.” Frontiers of Optoelectronics 12(2):208–14. doi: 10.1007/s12200-018-0767-3.
- Kumar, N., S. K. Singh, and H. K. Pandey. 2018. “Drainage Morphometric Analysis Using Open Access Earth Observation Datasets in a Drought-Affected Part of Bundelkhand, India.” Applied Geomatics 10(3):173–89. doi: 10.1007/s12518-018-0218-2.
- Kumar, V., and G. Mahesh. 2017. “Open Access Repositories in India: A Lost Opportunity?” Current Science 112(2):210–12.
- Lakhotia, S. C. 2017. “The Fraud of Open Access Publishing.” Proceedings of the Indian National Science Academy 83(1):33–36. doi: 10.16943/ptinsa/2017/48942.
- Lakshmi Poorna, R., M. Mymoon, and A. Hariharan. 2012. “A Study of Select Open Access Journals and Their Business Models Listed in DOAJ in the Fields of Civil and Structural Engineering.” Journal of Structural Engineering (India) 39(4):458–68.
- Lal, D., and R. Lal. 2011. “The Rise of Open Access.” Indian Journal of Microbiology 51(4):416–17. doi: 10.1007/s12088-011-0230-2.
- Lamani, M. B., R. R. Patil, and B. D. Kumbar. 2018. “Open Access E-Books in Social Science: A Case Study of Directory of Open Access Books.” DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology 38(2):141–44. doi: 10.14429/djlit.38.2.10890.
- Loan, F. A. 2011. “Open Access E-Book Collection on Central Asia in Selected Digital Archives.” Collection Building 30(3):126–30. doi: 10.1108/01604951111146965.
- Loan, F. A. 2014. “Open Access Digital Repositories in Asia: Current Status and Future Prospects.” International Journal of Information Science and Management 12(2):35–45.
- Loan, F. A., J. I. Quraishi, Refhat-un-Nisa, and W. Hussain. 2018. “Open Access Religious Journals - an Analytical Study of the DOAJ.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2018.
- Loan, F. A. and Refhat-Un-Nisa. 2015. “Open Access E-Books in Science and Technology: A Case Study of Directory of Open Access Books.” DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology 35(4):304–9. doi: 10.14429/djlit.35.4.8494.
- Loan, F. A., and U. Y. Shah. 2018. “Open Access E-Books in the Field of Health Sciences: A Scientometric Study.” International Journal of Information Science and Management 16(2):91–100.
- Loan, F. A., and S. Sheikh. 2016. “Analytical Study of Open Access Health and Medical Repositories.” Electronic Library 34(3):419–34. doi: 10.1108/EL-01-2015-0012.
- Loan, F. A., Yaseen, and N. Jan. 2018. “Open Access E-Book Repositories: A Global Scenario.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2018.
- Madhan, M., and S. Arunachalam. 2011. “Use Made of Open Access Journals by Indian Researchers to Publish Their Findings.” Current Science 100(9):1297–1306.
- Mahendra, L., K. J. Mohan, R. K. S. Kumar, and B. S. Bindhumadhava. 2018. “Deviation Settlement Mechanism Based Real-Time Energy Assessment System for Open Access User.” Pp. 1–6 in Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference, APPEEC. Vols. 2017-November.
- Mahesh, G. 2012. “Open Access and Impact Factors.” Current Science 103(6):610.
- Majhi, S. C., and R. Das. 2020. “Webometric Analysis of Open Access Institutional Digital Repositories in Southern Asia.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2020.
- Malhotra, R. 2010. “India Lacks Open Access Awareness Programmes.” Current Science 99(7):867.
- Marisekar, B., and P. L. Somasundaram. 2015. “Computation of Available Transfer Capability(ATC) in the Open Access Transmission System(OATS) for Various Uncertainity Conditions.” in IEEE International Conference on Circuit, Power and Computing Technologies, ICCPCT 2015.
- Meera, B. M., and R. Ummer. 2010. “Open Access Journals: Development of a Web Portal at the Indian Statistical Institute.” Electronic Library 28(4):540–54. doi: 10.1108/02640471011065364.
- Mehraj, M., I. ur Rehman, and S. A. Ganaie. 2019. “Open Access Computer Science Journals in the DOAJ: An Analytical Study.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2019.
- Mehta, I., S. Chakraborty, and B. J. Rao. 2013. “IMACULAT - An Open Access Package for the Quantitative Analysis of Chromosome Localization in the Nucleus.” PLoS ONE 8(4). doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0061386.
- Mingkun, W., Q. Wei, S. Misra, and R. Savage. 2021. “Research on Differential and Interactive Impact of China-Led and US-Led Open-Access Articles.” Journal of Information Science. doi: 10.1177/0165551521998637.
- Minj, S. 2008. “The Dynamics of Open Access Publishing.” Current Science 95(3):316.
- Misgar, S. M., A. Bhat, and Z. A. Wani. 2020. “A Study of Open Access Research Data Repositories Developed by BRICS Countries.” Digital Library Perspectives 37(1):26–35. doi: 10.1108/DLP-02-2020-0012.
- Mishra, S., and B. Maharana. 2020. “Open Access Social Science Journals Indexed in DOAJ: A Critical Analysis.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2020.
- Misra, D. P., and V. Agarwal. 2019. “Open Access Publishing in India: Coverage, Relevance, and Future Perspectives.” Journal of Korean Medical Science 34(27). doi: 10.3346/jkms.2019.34.e180.
- Misra, D. P., V. Ravindran, A. Sharma, A. Wakhlu, S. Ahmed, V. S. Negi, and V. Agarwal. 2020. “Letter to the Editor: An Indian Perspective on Universal Open Access Publishing: Think of the Fire before Venturing out of the Frying Pan!” Journal of Korean Medical Science 35(8). doi: 10.3346/jkms.2020.35.e85.
- Misra, M. 2009. “Medicinal Plants Research in an Open Access Era.” Journal of Medicinal Plants Research 3(6).
- Mukherjee, B. 2009a. “Scholarly Research in LIS Open Access Electronic Journals: A Bibliometric Study.” Scientometrics 80(1):167–94. doi: 10.1007/s11192-008-2055-2.
- Mukherjee, B. 2009b. “The Hyperlinking Pattern of Open-Access Journals in Library and Information Science: A Cited Citing Reference Study.” Library and Information Science Research 31(2):113–25. doi: 10.1016/j.lisr.2008.12.001.
- Mukherjee, B. 2010. Scholarly Communication in Library and Information Services: The Impacts of Open Access Journals and e-Journals on a Changing Scenario.
- Mukherjee, B. 2014. “Green and Gold Open Access in India.” Learned Publishing 27(1):21–32. doi: 10.1087/20140104.
- Mukherjee, B., and B. K. Mal. 2012. “India’s Efforts in Open Access Publishing.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2012(MAY).
- Murthi, M. 2019. “Open Access: Remember Doctors in Developing Countries.” The BMJ 365. doi: 10.1136/bmj.l2255.
- Murugesan, T. 2013. “Current Science: Open Access Journal and Institutional Members.” Current Science 104(11):1466–67.
- Muruli. 2018. “Agriculture Journals Covered by Directory of Open Access Journals: An Analytical Study.” DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology 38(5):355–61. doi: 10.14429/djlit.38.5.13114.
- Mushtaq, R., F. A. Loan, and M. Ali. 2017. “Open Access Health and Medicine Journals - An Informative Study.” Webology 14(2):90–100.
- Muthuvennila, S., and S. Thanuskodi. 2018. “Impact of Open Access Resources on Library and Information Science Students in India.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2018.
- Muthuvennila, S., and S. Thanuskodi. 2019. “User Perception on Open Access Resources among College Students in India: A Survey.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2019.
- Nagaraja, A., and K. A. Clauson. 2009. “Database Coverage and Impact Factor of Open Access Journals in Pharmacy.” Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries 6(2):138–45. doi: 10.1080/15424060902932219.
- Nagaraja, A., S. A. Joseph, H. H. Polen, and K. A. Clauson. 2011. “Disappearing Act: Persistence and Attrition of Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) in an Open Access Medical Journal.” Program 45(1):98–106. doi: 10.1108/00330331111107420.
- Naseehath, S. 2015. Open Access Initiatives and Institutional Repositories: An Overview.
- Nath, A., and S. Jana. 2020. “Mapping Global Performance on Open Access GIS Research: A Scientometrics Study.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2020:1–12.
- Nayak, B. K. 2005. “Humanity’s Quest for Knowledge - Open Access - The IJO Initiative.” Indian Journal of Ophthalmology 53(2):85–86. doi: 10.4103/0301-4738.16169.
- Nayak, R. N., Y. K. Sehgal, and M. Gupta. 2005. “Change in Approach to Planning and Operation of Power Systems under Open Access Regime - Indian Experience.” in 2005 IEEE Russia Power Tech, PowerTech.
- Nazim, M. 2018. “Bibliometric Analysis of Gold Open Access in India.” International Information and Library Review 50(1):13–23. doi: 10.1080/10572317.2017.1326246.
- Nazim, M., and A. Ahmadi. 2018. “Open Access to Scholarly Communication in India : Current Status.” Pp. 202–8 in IEEE 5th International Symposium on Emerging Trends and Technologies in Libraries and Information Services, ETTLIS 2018.
- Nazim, M., and M. Ashar. 2018. “Do Open Access Journals Have Greater Citation Impact? A Study of Journals in Health and Medical Sciences in India.” Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries 15(3–4):149–64. doi: 10.1080/15424065.2018.1554464.
- Nazim, M., and S. Zia. 2019. “Acceptance and Adoption of Open Access Publishing by Researchers in India.” Global Knowledge, Memory and Communication 68(1–2):148–58. doi: 10.1108/GKMC-09-2018-0077.
- Nazim, M., and S. Zia. 2020. “Use of Open Access Publishing by Researchers: An Analysis of Open Access Availability of Research Literature in the Field of Digital Library.” DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology 40(1):366–73. doi: 10.14429/djlit.40.1.15045.
- Nisha, F., and H. Ahmad. 2014. “Analysis of Open Access Scholarly Journals in Chemistry.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2014(1).
- O’Neill, K., V. Rai, and A. M. Kilpatrick. 2017. “The International Society for Computational Biology and WikiProject Computational Biology: Celebrating 10 Years of Collaboration towards Open Access.” Bioinformatics 33(15):2429–30. doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btx388.
- Pai, H. 2009. “JGES: An Open Access Peer Reviewed Journal Is Born: Editorial.” Journal of Gynecological Endoscopy and Surgery 1(1):1. doi: 10.4103/0974-1216.51900.
- Pal, K., M. Pandit, and L. Srivastava. 2009. “Incentive Charge Calculation for Open Access Transmission System.” in 2009 International Conference on Power Systems, ICPS ’09.
- Pal, K., M. Pandit, and L. Srivastava. 2013. “Market Power Monitoring under Open Access System.” International Journal of Power and Energy Conversion 4(3):193–220. doi: 10.1504/IJPEC.2013.054843.
- Pal, N. R. 2019. “Immediate Open Access Is Welcome But... [President’s Message].” IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine 14(2):3–4. doi: 10.1109/MCI.2019.2901076.
- Panda, S. K. 2016. “Shodhganga – a National Level Open Access ETD Repository of Indian Electronic Theses: Current Status and Discussions.” Library Hi Tech News 33(1):23–26. doi: 10.1108/LHTN-09-2015-0062.
- Pandey, M., S. D. Heys, and A. B. Lowenfels. 2004. “World Journal of Surgical Oncology: One Year of Open Access Publishing.” World Journal of Surgical Oncology 2. doi: 10.1186/1477-7819-2-14.
- Parashuramulu, B., and A. Kumar. 2010. “Load Frequency Control of Hybrid Systems in Open Access Environment.” in Proceedings of the 2010 Annual IEEE India Conference: Green Energy, Computing and Communication, INDICON 2010.
- Pareek, R., and S. Kumar. 2017. Open Access Journal in Bioinformatics: A Study.
- Patra, C. 2015. “Open Access Disciplinary Repository in S&T: A Potentiality Study for SAARC Countries.” Current Science 109(11):2077–83. doi: 10.18520/v109/i11/2077-2083.
- Pattanayak, R. D., and R. Sagar. 2010. “Fee-Based Open-Access Journals: A Fertile or Slippery Ground.” Indian Journal of Psychiatry 52(4):387. doi: 10.4103/0019-5545.74321.
- Piryani, R., J. Dua, and V. K. Singh. 2019. “Open Access Levels and Patterns in Scholarly Articles from India.” Current Science 117(9):1435–40. doi: 10.18520/cs/v117/i9/1435-1440.
- Pitchford, L. C., L. L. Alves, K. Bartschat, S. F. Biagi, M. C. Bordage, I. Bray, C. E. Brion, M. J. Brunger, L. Campbell, A. Chachereau, B. Chaudhury, L. G. Christophorou, E. Carbone, N. A. Dyatko, C. M. Franck, D. V. Fursa, R. K. Gangwar, V. Guerra, P. Haefliger, G. J. M. Hagelaar, A. Hoesl, Y. Itikawa, I. V. Kochetov, R. P. McEachran, W. L. Morgan, A. P. Napartovich, V. Puech, M. Rabie, L. Sharma, R. Srivastava, A. D. Stauffer, J. Tennyson, J. de Urquijo, J. van Dijk, L. A. Viehland, M. C. Zammit, O. Zatsarinny, and S. Pancheshnyi. 2017. “LXCat: An Open-Access, Web-Based Platform for Data Needed for Modeling Low Temperature Plasmas.” Plasma Processes and Polymers 14(1–2). doi: 10.1002/ppap.201600098.
- Pradeep, Y., K. Patariya, G. Ravikumar, and S. A. Khaparde. 2012. “Representation of Short-Term Open Access Transactions Using Common Information Model.” in IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting.
- Prathap, G. 2014. “Open Access and Impact Factors Revisited.” Current Science 107(5):733.
- Prerna, S., and H. Chander. 2018. “Scholarly Open Access Publishing: Growth of LIS Open Access Journals Visible through Directory of Open Access Journals.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2018.
- Pujar, S. M. 2014. “Open Access Journals in Library and Information Science: A Study.” Annals of Library and Information Studies 61(3):199–202.
- Rajan, S., T. K. Sahu, and L. P. Yadava. 2013. “Mango Resources Information System: An Open Access Portrayal of Phenotypical, Genetic and Chemical Information on Mango.” Acta Horticulturae 992:99–104. doi: 10.17660/ActaHortic.2013.992.11.
- Ramesh Kumar, A., and L. Premalatha. 2015. “Congestion Management in Open Access Electric Network Using Adaptive Real Coded Biogeography-Based Optimization.” ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences 10(12):5213–22.
- Rao, M. N. V. S., B. Biju, A. K. Ansar, S. Mujeeb, M. Ramesh, and N. R. Srinivas. 2003. “‘Open Access’ Generic Method for Continuous Determination of Major Human CYP450 Probe Substrates/Metabolites and Its Application in Drug Metabolism Studies.” Xenobiotica 33(12):1233–45. doi: 10.1080/00498250310001636877.
- Rath, P. N. 2015. “Study of Open Access Publishing in Social Sciences and Its Implications for Libraries.” DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology 35(3):177–83. doi: 10.14429/djlit.35.3.8720.
- Rathore, P., G. Agnihotri, B. Khan, and G. Gupta. 2015. “Transmission Pricing Scheme under Contingency Conditions in Open Access Market.” in 2014 18th National Power Systems Conference, NPSC 2014.
- Regmi, G. R., F. Huettmann, M. K. Suwal, V. Nijman, K. Nekaris, K. Kandel, N. Sharma, and C. Coudrat. 2018. “First Open Access Ensemble Climate Envelope Predictions of Assamese Macaque Macaca Assamensis in Asia: A New Role Model and Assessment of Endangered Species.” Endangered Species Research 36:149–60. doi: 10.3354/esr00888.
- Roy, B. K., S. C. Biswas, and P. Mukhopadhyay. 2012. “Open Access Repositories in Asia: From SAARC to Asian Tigers.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2012(1).
- Roy, B. K., S. C. Biswas, and P. Mukhopadhyay. 2016. “Status of Open Access Institutional Digital Repositories in Agricultural Sciences: A Case Study of Asia.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2016(1).
- Roy, B. K., S. C. Biswas, and P. Mukhopadhyay. 2017. “BURA: An Open Access Multilingual Information Retrieval and Representation System for Indian Higher Education and Research Institutions.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2017(1).
- Roy, B. K., S. C. Biswas, and P. Mukhopadhyay. 2018. “Towards an Open Access Policy Framework: A Case Study of COAR.” LIBER Quarterly 28(1). doi: 10.18352/lq.10227.
- Roy, M. 2010. “Managing the Village-Level Open-Access Water Resources in a Region Facing Rapidly Declining Water Availability.” Environment, Development and Sustainability 12(6):999–1012. doi: 10.1007/s10668-010-9237-9.
- Sahoo, J., B. Mohanty, and L. P. Sahoo. 2017. “Indian Contribution to Open Access Scholarly Publishing in DOAJ.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2017.
- Sahu, D. K., and R. C. Parmar. 2006. Open Access in India.
- Sahu, R. R., and L. Parabhoi. 2019. “Open Access Repository: A Comparative Study of Germany, Switzerland and Austria.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2019.
- Sahu, S. K., and S. K. Arya. 2013. “Open Access Practices in India.” Library Hi Tech News 30(4):6–12. doi: 10.1108/LHTN-03-2013-0011.
- Sainath Dandawate, V., and M. Dhanmjaya. 2021. “Open Access Initiatives in Western Asia.” Slavic and East European Information Resources. doi: 10.1080/15228886.2021.1874349.
- Saloi, A. 2021. “Open Access Research Trends on Hantavirus: A Scientometric Analysis Based on Scopus Database.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2021:1–23.
- Sampath Kumar, B. T., and K. S. Manoj Kumar. 2012a. “Decay and Half-Life Period of Online Citations Cited in Open Access Journals.” International Information and Library Review 44(4):202–11. doi: 10.1080/10572317.2012.10762933.
- Sampath Kumar, B. T., and K. S. Manoj Kumar. 2012b. “Decay and Half-Life Period of Online Citations Cited in Open Access Journals.” International Information and Library Review 44(4):202–11. doi: 10.1016/j.iilr.2012.09.002.
- Sampath Kumar, B. T., and K. S. Manoj Kumar. 2012c. “Persistence and Half-Life of URL Citations Cited in LIS Open Access Journals.” Aslib Proceedings: New Information Perspectives 64(4):405–22. doi: 10.1108/00012531211244752.
- Samyuktha, R. 2004. “Open Access Initiatives: The Changing Scenario.” Pp. 318-325+xi in Digital Information Exchange: Pathways to Build Global Information Society.
- Santhosh, R. S., A. Tuteja, S. Basu, A. Subramanian, S. Sundharraman, A. Kumari, M. Vaidhyanathan, A. Mohan, R. Mahalakshmi, S. Shankaranarayanan, S. Chordia, G. Divya, A. Virmani, K. Joshi, S. K. Yadav, L. N. Charyulu, R. Savitha, C. Ajithavalli, D. Rajendran, K. Raithatha, S. Alam, S. Gandhi, D. Kamath, S. Sowmya, T. H. Wani, S. S. Ahmad, O. Consortium, M. Vijayalakshmi, A. Bhardwaj, and S. Subodh. 2013. “Open Access Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Clone Repository: A Community Resource by OSDD Members.” Current Science 105(10):1342–45.
- Santosh, T. Y. S. S., D. K. Sanyal, P. K. Bhowmick, and P. P. Das. 2018. “Surrogator: A Tool to Enrich a Digital Library with Open Access Surrogate Resources.” Pp. 379–80 in Proceedings of the ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries.
- Sarin, R. 2007. “Denying Open Access to Published Health-Care Research: WHO Has the Password?” Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics 3(3):133–34. doi: 10.4103/0973-1482.37403.
- Sarkar, B., Y. X. Wang, and J. Cai. 2020. “The Open Access Financial Model Hinders the Growth of Medical Physics Research in Low- and Middle-Income Countries.” Medical Physics 47(12):5972–75. doi: 10.1002/mp.14220.
- Satyaramesh, P. V., and C. RadhaKrishna. 2010. “Usage-Based Transmission Loss Allocation under Open Access in Deregulated Power Systems.” IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution 4(11):1261–74. doi: 10.1049/iet-gtd.2010.0143.
- Sau, K. 2013. “Facts about Journal Publishing in Open Access Policy.” Indian Journal of Medical Research 138(DEC):1029–30.
- Saukshmya, T., and A. Chugh. 2010. “Intellectual Property Rights in Synthetic Biology: An Anti-Thesis to Open Access to Research?” Systems and Synthetic Biology 4(4):241–45. doi: 10.1007/s11693-011-9067-6.
- Sawant, S. 2009. “The Current Scenario of Open Access Journal Initiatives in India.” Collection Building 28(4):159–63. doi: 10.1108/01604950910999819.
- Sawant, S. 2013a. “Open Access Resources Useful in LIS Education.” Library Hi Tech News 30(7):16–20. doi: 10.1108/LHTN-05-2013-0029.
- Sawant, S. 2013b. “Past and Present Scenario of Open Access Movement in India.” Journal of Academic Librarianship 39(1):108–9. doi: 10.1016/j.acalib.2012.11.007.
- Sengupta, P. 2021. “Open Access Publication: Academic Colonialism or Knowledge Philanthropy?” Geoforum 118:203–6. doi: 10.1016/j.geoforum.2020.04.001.
- Shafi, S. M. 2008. “Research Impact of Open Access Research Contributions across Disciplines.” Pp. 343–50 in Open Scholarship: Authority, Community, and Sustainability in the Age of Web 2.0 - Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Electronic Publishing, ELPUB 2008.
- Shafi, S. M., and M. H. Bhat. 2011. “The Impact of Open Access Contributions: Developed and Developing World Perspectives.” Pp. 28–36 in ELPUB 2011 - Digital Publishing and Mobile Technologies, 15th International Conference on Electronic Publishing.
- Shafi, S. M., S. Gul, and T. A. Shah. 2013. “Web 2.0 Interactivity in Open Access Repositories.” Electronic Library 31(6):703–12. doi: 10.1108/EL-08-2011-0121.
- Shah, M. Y., F. Y. Shah, and F. Y. Shah. 2012. “Open Access Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: A 2-Year Experience from 2001 to 2003.” Indian Journal of Gastroenterology 31(4):171–74. doi: 10.1007/s12664-012-0244-7.
- Shah, T. A., and S. Gul. 2013. “Philosophy of Escapism in the Open Access World: Studying Author Pay Model.” Library Review 62(4):224–36. doi: 10.1108/LR-09-2012-0104.
- Shah, U. U. 2019. “Open Access Repositories in Asia: An Overview.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2019.
- Shah, U. Y., F. A. Loan, and N. Jan. 2018. “Open Access Legal Studies Journals in DOAJ An Analytical Study.” Pp. 217–20 in IEEE 5th International Symposium on Emerging Trends and Technologies in Libraries and Information Services, ETTLIS 2018.
- Sharan, P. 2006. “Open Access Publishing: A Public Funding Model.” Journal of Indian Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health 2(2):38–40.
- Sharma, B., V. Chauhan, N. Sharma, J. Mokta, S. Thakur, and S. S. Kaushal. 2006. “Importance of Age in Outcome of Oesophagogastroduodenoscopy in Open Access Endoscopy: A Profile of Patients in Sub-Himalayan Region of North India.” Medical Journal of Indonesia 15(2):90–93. doi: 10.13181/mji.v15i2.219.
- Sharma, B., M. Kumar, D. M. Denis, and S. K. Singh. 2019. “Appraisal of River Water Quality Using Open-Access Earth Observation Data Set: A Study of River Ganga at Allahabad (India).” Sustainable Water Resources Management 5(2):755–65. doi: 10.1007/s40899-018-0251-7.
- Sharma, P., U. Brighu, R. Bhakar, and P. Mathuria. 2016. “Risk Constrained Short Term Electricity Procurement for Open Access Consumer in India.” in IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting. Vols. 2016-November.
- Sharma, P., U. Brighu, P. Mathuria, and A. Singh. 2017. “Impact of Short Term Electricity Procurement of an Open Access Consumer on Indian Grid.” in 2016 National Power Systems Conference, NPSC 2016.
- Sharma, Y. P. 2013. “Open Access and Creative Commons - a New Platform for Open Educational Resources and Scientific Research.” Current Science 105(11):1461.
- Sheeja, N. K. 2012. “Knowledge Management and Open Access E-Theses: Indian Initiatives.” Library Review 61(6):418–27. doi: 10.1108/00242531211284339.
- Shewade, H. D., E. Vidhubala, D. P. Subramani, P. Lal, N. Bhatt, C. Sundaramoorthi, R. J. Singh, and A. M. V. Kumar. 2017. “Open Access Tools for Quality-Assured and Efficient Data Entry in a Large, State-Wide Tobacco Survey in India.” Global Health Action 10(1). doi: 10.1080/16549716.2017.1394763.
- Shivaram, B. S., and B. S. Biradar. 2019. “Grey Literature Archiving Pattern in Open Access (OA) Repositories with Special Emphasis on Indian OA Repositories.” Electronic Library 37(1):95–107. doi: 10.1108/EL-05-2018-0100.
- Singh, H. P. 2015. “Knowledge and Attitude of Health Researchers from India towards Paying to Publish and Open Access Journals.” Indian Pediatrics 52(3):252–53.
- Singh, M., R. Kuri, G. T. K. Kumar, and K. Singh. 2020. “Global Visibility of Open Access Institutional Repositories of SAARC Countries: An Explorative Study.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2020.
- Singh, N., and A. Chikate. 2014. “Open Access LIS Periodicals and Digital Archives: An Evaluation with Reference to Asian Countries.” Electronic Library 32(5):710–25. doi: 10.1108/EL-09-2012-0120.
- Singh, P. 2016. “Open Access Repositories in India: Characteristics and Future Potential.” IFLA Journal 42(1):16–24. doi: 10.1177/0340035215610131.
- Singh, V. K., R. Piryani, and S. S. Srichandan. 2020. “The Case of Significant Variations in Gold–Green and Black Open Access: Evidence from Indian Research Output.” Scientometrics 124(1):515–31. doi: 10.1007/s11192-020-03472-y.
- Singson, M., M. Gnanaselvi Joy, S. Thiyagarajan, and V. Dkhar. 2015. “Perceptions of Open Access Publishing by Faculty at Pondicherry University: A Survey.” International Information and Library Review 47(1–2):1–10. doi: 10.1080/10572317.2015.1021625.
- Singson, M., R. Sevukan, and M. Murugaiyan. 2015. “Author Self-Archiving and Licensing Policies of Open Access Library and Information Science Journals: A Study.” Annals of Library and Information Studies 62(2):104–9.
- Sivasubramanian, S. 2018. “Contribution to Open Access Repository by the Tamil Nadu State Universities in India: A Case Study of Shodhganga.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2018.
- Sood, S., S. K. Chua, A. M. Qureshi, V. Krishnan, D. R. Pai, L. B. Kamal, S. Gunasegaran, M. Z. Afzal, L. Ambawatta, J. Y. Gan, P. Y. Kew, and T. Winn. 2017. “The Impact Factor of an Open Access Journal Does Not Contribute to an Article’s Citations.” F1000Research 6. doi: 10.12688/f1000research.10892.1.
- Srichandan, S. S., R. Piryani, V. K. Singh, and S. Bhattacharya. 2020. “The Status and Patterns of Open Access in Research Output of Most Productive Indian Institutions.” Journal of Scientometric Research 9(2):96–110. doi: 10.5530/JSCIRES.9.2.13.
- Srivastava, P. 2014. “Open Access Publishing in Psychology: An Option in India?” Psychological Studies 59(3):321–22. doi: 10.1007/s12646-014-0270-x.
- Stephen, G., and T. Balamurugan. 2015. Open Access Literature Productivity of Library and Information Science: A DOAJ Perspective.
- Stokes, C. E. L., and M. Pandey. 2004. “Open Access to Essential Health Care Information.” World Journal of Surgical Oncology 2. doi: 10.1186/1477-7819-2-42.
- Swain, S. C. 2020. “Formation and Open Access of Institutional Electronic Research Corners for Promotion of Communication Facilities and Quality Research.” International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning 15(6):192–99. doi: 10.3991/IJET.V15I06.12003.
- Tambe, V. J., and S. K. Joshi. 2018. “Highlighting the Open Access Scenario in Electricity Market: Indian Context.” in INDICON 2018 - 15th IEEE India Council International Conference.
- Tanveer, N. 2017. “Open Access and Other Challenges of Present Day Journal Publishing.” Journal of Cytology 34(4):234–35. doi: 10.4103/JOC.JOC_22_17.
- Tauro, P., and A. S. Rao. 2014. “Why Not All Research Data Be on Open Access?” Current Science 107(7):1093.
- Vaisakh, K., and G. V. Siva Krishan Rao. 2010. “Linear Programming Based Determination of Optimal Bilateral Real Power Contracts in Open Access.” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems 32(10):1143–50. doi: 10.1016/j.ijepes.2010.06.013.
- Vattikoti, K. 2019. “Evolution of Open Access Publishing towards a More Equitable Solution.” Journal of Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Issues 22(3).
- Vijaya Kumar, J., and D. M. Vinod Kumar. 2012. “A Literature Review on Strategic Bidding in an Open Access Electricity Market.” International Review on Modelling and Simulations 5(4):1828–37.
- Visakha, K., D. Thukaram, and L. Jenkins. 2004. “Transmission Charges of Power Contracts Based on Relative Electrical Distances in Open Access.” Electric Power Systems Research 70(2):153–61. doi: 10.1016/j.epsr.2003.12.003.
- Visakha, K., D. Thukaram, L. Jenkins, H. P. Khincha, and P. K. Routray. 2003. “An Approach for Evaluation of Transmisses Charges Based on Desired and Deviations of Power Contracts in Open Access.” Pp. 860–66 in Sixth International Conference on Advances in Power System Control, Operation and Management - Proceedings. Vol. 2.
- Wani, J. A. 2019. “Open Access Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Repositories: An Assessment.” Library Philosophy and Practice 2019.
- Wani, Z. A., A. Ayoub, and D. M. Kashtwari. 2018. “Open Access Repositories A Case Study of BRICS Nations.” Pp. 121–27 in IEEE 5th International Symposium on Emerging Trends and Technologies in Libraries and Information Services, ETTLIS 2018.
- Wani, Z. A., and S. A. Wani. 2019. “Mapping the Use of Open Access Resources by Doctoral Students in the USA by Employing Citation Analysis.” Collection and Curation 38(4):112–18. doi: 10.1108/CC-05-2018-0014.
- Warkad, S. B., M. K. Khedkar, and G. M. Dhole. 2008. “Transmission Tariff under Open Access: A Case Study of 400 Kv Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Company Limited (MSETCL).” Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India): Electrical Engineering Division 89(SEP):31–37.
- Wasan, S., and R. Chakravarty. 2011. “Institutional Repositories: Strengthening Scholarly Communication through Open Access.” Pp. 406–12 in Proceedings of the International Conference on e-Learning, ICEL.
- Wasan, S., and R. Chakravarty. 2014a. Digital Repositories as Harbingers of Open Access in India: A Study. Vols. 1–4.
- Wasan, S., and R. Chakravarty. 2014b. Digital Repositories as Harbingers of Open Access in India: A Study.
- Wouters, P., C. Hine, K. A. Foot, S. M. Schneider, S. Arunachalam, and R. Sharif. 2007. Promise and Practice of Open Access to E-Science.
- Yesuratnam, G., and D. Thukaram. 2007. “Congestion Management in Open Access Based on Relative Electrical Distances Using Voltage Stability Criteria.” Electric Power Systems Research 77(12):1608–18. doi: 10.1016/j.epsr.2006.11.007.
- Agarwal, N. 2015. “Impact of Open Access on CSIR-National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (NISCAIR) Journals.” Annals of Library and Information Studies 62(2):84–89.
- Prabash Narayana Rath (2015) Study of Open Access Publishing in Social Sciences and its Implications for Libraries, DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 35 (03).
- Bharat H. Sondarva and Jagadishchandra P.Gondalia (2015) Open Access Journals In India: An Analysis of Medical Science Open Access Journals
- Paakhi Srivastava (2014) Open Access Publishing in Psychology: An Option in India? Psychological Studies Vol. 59, Issue 3, pp 321-322
- 2014: Open Access in India: Q&A with Subbiah Arunachalam; www.poynder.blogpost.fr
- Dhanavandan, S.; Tamizhchelvan, M. & Isabella Mary, A. A study of current scenario of institutional repositories in BRICS countries. Inter. Res.: J. of Lib. & Inf. Sci., 2014, 4(4), 622-33
- Gunasekaran, S. and Arunachalam, S. (2011). Use of open access journals by Indian researchers, Current Science, 101 (10), 1287-1295.
- Madhan, M. and Arunachalam, S. (2011). Use made of open access journals by Indian researchers to publish their findings, Current Science, 100 (9), 1297-1306.
- Mukherjee, B., Nazim, M. (2011). Open Access Institutional Archives: A quantitative Study (2006-2010), DESIDOC Journal fo Library and Information Technology, 31 (4).
- Arunachalam, S., & Muthu, Madhan. (2011). Open Access to Scholarly Literature in India — A Status Report: with Emphasis on Scientific Literature.
- Das, A.K. (2009). Open Access to Research Literature in India: Contemporary Scenario. ISSI Newsletter, 5(1), 9-14.
- Arunachalam, S. (2008, June). Open Access in India: Hopes and Frustrations. In Proceedings ELPUB 2008 Conference on Electronic Publishing, Toronto, Canada.
- Lone, F., Rather, R., & Jeelani, S. Gh. (2008). Indian Contribution to Open Access Literature: A Case Study of DOAJ & OpenDOAR. Chinese Librarianship: an International Electronic Journal, 26.
- A.R.D. Prasad and Devika P. Madalli (2007). OPEN MANTRA for Open Access to Information. In ISI 2007 - 10th International Symposium for Information Science May, 30th - June, 1st, 2007. University of Applied Sciences, Cologne Germany
- National Knowledge Commission. (2007). Report of the Working Group on Open Access and Open Educational Resources.
- Ghosh, S. B., & Das, A. K. (2007). Open Access and Institutional Repositories – a Developing Country Perspective: A Case Study of India. IFLA Journal 33(3), 229-250. doi: 10.1177/0340035207083304
- Sahu, D.K., & Parmar, R. (2006). The position around the world: Open Access in India. In Open Access: Key strategic, technical and economic aspects. Oxford, UK: Chandos Publishing.
- Fernandez, L. (2006). Open Access Initiatives in India - an Evaluation. Partnership: the Canadian Journal of Library and Information Practice and Research, 1(1).
- Madalli, D.P. (2003). A Digital Library of Library and Information Science using DSpace.
- Munshi, Usha Mujoo and Lal, K. Enhancing Access to Scientific Information. CODATA workshop on Access to Scientific Information at WSIS, Tunis 2005