Research in Greece is carried out in universities and research centres and is mostly funded through the EU Framework; the General Secretariat for Research and Technology (GSRT) funds most national research. Greece does not have an organized national or funding agency policy for OA publishing. Despite the financial crisis, many universities and scientific societies are now trying to change and make scientific journal articles, theses and book chapters accessible to anyone online.
Greece has yet to enact an Open Access/Open Science strategy at the national level. Law 4310/2014, on the other hand, advocates for open access to publicly funded science. In addition, article 4 of Law N. 4485/2017 on the Organization and Activity of Higher Education, Study Arrangements, and Other Provisions cites “open services” as one of its missions without elaborating on the form of resources.
The National Open Science Task Force is also working on putting together a National Open Science Plan.
As of March 2021, there are 38 institutional repositories at universities in Greece which are registered in OpenDOAR. Some of these repositories have further subject specialist repositories.
Greece currently has 40 OA journals indexed in DOAJ.
There are 5 institutional OA mandates registered in ROARMAP.
National Information Research and Technology System (NISR+T) project is part of the project ‘'Digital Greece'', and is co-sponsored by EU Regional Development funds and Greek government funding. It aims is to develop digital library services; to collect, document and disseminate Greek digital content; develop applications and tools that support the organization, management and dissemination of digital Research and Technology content, using internationally accepted standards and practices that have been adapted to the particular situation of Greece; develop services for the dissemination and exploitation of Research and Technology results; establish cooperation with academic and research institutions and groups, nationally and internationally; develop alternative infrastructures for the collection, organisation and dissemination of digital Research and Technology content.
The National Documentation Centre (EKT) maintains a centralised information source on OA in Greece and elsewhere in Europe.
Very limited funds available for research and reliance on EU funding; no national mandate; lack of publication business models; lack of national strategy (Georgiou and Papadatou, 2009).
Open Knowledge Greece: A group of hackers, developers, academics, government representatives and citizens who have joined forces to build the Greek section of the Open Knowledge Foundation.
Hellenic Academic Libraries Link (HEAL-Link) operates as a Consortium and comprises 38 higher education institutes and 14 technological education institutes, and 8 other libraries), the Academy of Athens and the National Library of Greece. HEAL offers a portal to 11,000 full text electronic journals, including keyword and subject search to all.
National Documentation Centre (EKT)
Overview provides documentation, information and support services on science, research and technology issues to the research, business, government and wider community. Hosts an online platform that provides information about Open Access with links to journals, repositories, OA policies, projects and events in Greece and elsewhere in Europe.
Since 1980, EKT the national institution for the aggregation, documentation and dissemination of S&T information, serves the country’s research, education, business communities and the wider public, enabling access to knowledge and facilitating research and innovation (R&I). Its activities contribute to the development of the Information Society and to the promotion of Innovation. The organization develops and promotes Greek digital content in science and culture, repositories and digital libraries such as the National Archive of PhD Theses with an aim to facilitate the growth of knowledge through open content and facilities, digital resources, software, collaboration tools and related user-oriented services for R&I. It disseminates research results and innovative technologies to the market, operates the Science and Technology Digital Library, supports the automation and networking of libraries and develops state-of-the-art library tools.
EKT and Open Access Initiatives: advocates open access and data initiatives that support the development and implementation of relevant policies for scientific and cultural data. EKT empowers access to significant volume of peer reviewed and quality assured scientific content (e-publishing.ekt.gr), adopts open source software to build and maintain open access e repositories. It contributes to the wider discussion on issues related with Open Access in Greece and promotes open dialogue through targeted information campaign, Open Access Blog, events and conferences (e.g International Open Access Conference).
Communication address: National Documentation Centre (EKT), 48 Vassileos Constantinou Av, GR-11635, Athens, Greece; e-mail: openaccess(at)ekt.gr
Events and Programs
- 29 January 2021, How Greek academic libraries support scholarly communication
- 23 December 2020, COVID-19: Greek collaborations on infrastructures and Galaxy installation for data analysis to detect mutations
- 20 November 2020, COVID-19: Open Science and Innovation in the Greek research area
- 30 October 2020, Kicking off the fourth series of OpenAIRE webinars in Greece during Open Access Week
- 06 July 2020, OpenAIRE for repository managers: interoperability, metadata enrichment and usage statistics in Greece and Cyprus
- National Plan for Open Science: towards the open consultation, 21 Jan 2020
- Greek OpenAIRE NOADs contribution to the development of institutional Open Science policies in Greece, 06 Jan 2020
- Open Access Week 2019 @ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2019-10-22, Greece, Organized by AUTh Library & Open Knowledge Greece, Type: talks, and, documentary, screening
- Open Access Week 2017 @ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2017-10-24, Greece, Organized by AUTh Library & Information Centre, Type: one-day, conference, workshop
- Open Access Week 2016 @EKT, 2016-10-25, Greece, Organized by Marina Angelaki, Type: seminar
- Open Access in Action, 2015-10-21, Greece, Organized by AUTh Library Website Team, Type: conference
- Preparing Early Career Researchers for Open Science, 2015-10-20, Greece, Organized by National Documentation Centre/NHRF, Type: seminar
- 15 and 16 January 2015: The RECODE (The Policy RECommendations for Open Access to Research Data in Europe ) Project held its final conference “Open Access to Research Data as a Driver for Open Science” at the National Documentation Centre (EKT) in Athens.
- 19 – 20 June 2014: 18th International Conference on Electronic Publishing (Elpub), was held at the Alexander Technological Institute of Thessaloniki, Greece. The theme for the conference was: “Let´s put data to use: digital scholarship for the next generation”. RECODE partners, Peter Linde, Merel Norman, Bridgette Wessels and Thordis Sveinsdottir presented their paper during the conference – “How can libraries and other academic institutions engage in making data open?”.
- 12-13 June, 2014: WIRE 2014 (Week of Innovative Regions in EUROPE 2014) held in Athens, Greece. WiRE214 Conference was hosted by the Greek EU presidency and was organized by the National Documentation Centre of Greece (EKT) and the European Commission, in collaboration with the General Secretariat for Research and Technology.
- October 2014: Open Access Week 2014: Organized by Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Library (AUTH) in cooperation with Open Knowledge Greece, the event explored topics such as Open Research Health Data Management and Open Data in the Knowledge Society.
- 9-10 June 2014: Susan Reilly (LIBER) gave a presentation on User Requirements at the eIRG Workshop in Athens.
- 16-18 October, 2013: "International Open Access Conference @ EKT:Towards Common European Policies for Innovative Reuse of Public Sector and Scientific Information" held in Athens, Greece. It was the third in a series of international conferences focusing at Open Access to scientific knowledge. The first part (16th October) focused on recent policies and initiatives supporting open access with regards to public sector information and scientific research, with a particular focus in developments in Greece. Presentations included the Ministry of Finances’ Open Government inititatives and the country’s participation to the Open Government Partnership (OGP), the design of a National Strategic Plan for Open Government, and data.gov.gr, the new central online space for making available public sector data. Other topics covered include national policies and projects in the area of open data, open research and science. Also, important civil society initiatives were discussed that promote the reuse of open data as a means to fight corruption, to promote transparency and to enhance citizen participation in the public sphere.
- EKT organises seminars and conferences on OA issues and publicises events through its website.
- Digital Repositories and Open Access Journals at a Conference organized by the National Documentation Centre (Athens, 15-16 December 2008)
- International Conference "Open Access: Research-Education-Public Data" 16-17 December 2010, Athens (National Hellenic Research Foundation).
- Alexiou, V. G., and M. E. Falagas. 2008. “E-Meducation.Org: An Open Access Medical Education Web Portal.” BMC Medical Education 8. doi: 10.1186/1472-6920-8-6.
- Angelaki, M., D. Efstathiou, and I. Souyioultzoglou. 2017. “EKT EPublishing: An Innovative Service to Support Open Access Scholarly Publishing in Greece.” Pp. 305–7 in Expanding Perspectives on Open Science: Communities, Cultures and Diversity in Concepts and Practices - Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Electronic Publishing.
- Balk, T., J. Kukkonen, K. Karatzas, T. Bassoukos, and V. Epitropou. 2011. “A European Open Access Chemical Weather Forecasting Portal.” Atmospheric Environment 45(38):6917–22. doi: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2010.09.058.
- Banou, G.C. and Kostagiolas, A. P. (2007). “Managing Expectations for open access in Greece: Perceptions from the Publishers and Academic Libraries”. In: Proceedings ELPUB2007 Conference on Electronic Publishing, Vienna, Austria - June 2007.
- Blazakis, K. N., M. Kosma, G. Kostelenos, L. Baldoni, M. Bufacchi, and P. Kalaitzis. 2017. “Description of Olive Morphological Parameters by Using Open Access Software.” Plant Methods 13(1). doi: 10.1186/s13007-017-0261-8.
- Bouros, D. 2010. “Pneumon in the Directory of Open Access Journals.” Pneumon 23(4):332.
- Chantavaridou, E (2009) Open access and institutional repositories in Greece: progress so far. OCLC Systems & Services, 2009, Vol. 25 (1):47-59. DOI: 10.1108/10650750910931922
- Chantavaridou, E. 2009a. “Contributions of Open Access to Higher Education in Europe and Vice Versa.” OCLC Systems and Services 25(3):167–74. doi: 10.1108/10650750910982557.
- Chantavaridou, E. 2009b. “Open Access and Institutional Repositories in Greece: Progress so Far.” OCLC Systems and Services 25(1):47–59. doi: 10.1108/10650750910931922.
- Christina, B. G., and K. A. Petros. 2007. “Managing Expectations for Open Access in Greece: Perceptions from the Publishers and Academic Libraries.” Pp. 229–37 in Openness in Digital Publishing: Awareness, Discovery and Access - Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Electronic Publishing, ELPUB 2007.
- Christodoulou, E. G., V. Sakkalis, V. Tsiaras, and I. G. Tollis. 2011. “BrainNetVis: An Open-Access Tool to Effectively Quantify and Visualize Brain Networks.” Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience 2011. doi: 10.1155/2011/747290.
- Doeschl-Wilson, A. B., D. Vagenas, I. Kyriazakis, and S. C. Bishop. 2008. “Exploring the Assumptions Underlying Genetic Variation in Host Nematode Resistance (Open Access Publication).” Genetics Selection Evolution 40(3):241–64. doi: 10.1051/gse:2008001.
- Falagas, M. E., E. A. Karveli, and G. Panos. 2007. “Infectious Disease Cases for Educational Purposes: Open-Access Resources on the Internet.” Clinical Infectious Diseases 45(4):495–500. doi: 10.1086/519977.
- Fragoulis, K. N., A. Michalopoulos, and M. E. Falagas. 2008. “Open-Access World Wide Web Resources on Sepsis.” Clinical Infectious Diseases 47(4):588. doi: 10.1086/590256.
- Fragoulis, K. N., I. P. Korbila, G. Dimopoulos, and M. E. Falagas. 2007. “Open Access World Wide Web Resources on Upper and Lower Respiratory Tract Infections.” International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 11(11):1237–45.
- Fragoulis, K. N., K. Z. Vardakas, and M. E. Falagas. 2007. “Open Access World Wide Web Resources on Urogenital Infections.” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation 22(10):3046–47. doi: 10.1093/ndt/gfm388.
- Georgiou, P and Papadatou, F (2009). Scholarly publishing & open access in Greece.
- Georgiou, P and Papadatou, F (2010). Open access in Greece In: Anglada, L and Abadal, E (eds). Open access in Southern European countries.
- Georgiou, P and Papadatou, F. (2009). Digital scholarly publishing in Greece In: Academic Publishing in the Mediterranean Region, University of Florence, Italy, 19-20 March 2009.
- Georgiou, P, Koumoutsos, K and Papadatou, F (2008). “Directory of Greek Digital Resources”. In: 17th Hellenic Academic Libraries Conference, University of Ioannina, Greece, 24-26 September 2008.
- Henle, K., S. Bell, L. Brotons, J. Clobert, D. Evans, C. Görg, M. Grodzinska-Jurczak, B. Gruber, Y. Haila, P. Y. Henry, A. Huth, R. Julliard, P. Keil, M. Kleyer, D. Johan Kotze, W. Kunin, S. Lengyel, Y. P. Lin, A. Loyau, G. W. Luck, W. Magnusson, C. Margules, Y. Matsinos, P. May, I. Sousa-Pinto, H. Possingham, S. Potts, I. Ring, J. S. Pryke, M. J. Samways, D. Saunders, D. Schmeller, J. Similä, S. Sommer, I. Steffan-Dewenter, P. Stoev, M. T. Sykes, B. Tóthmérész, J. Tzanopoulos, R. Yam, and L. Penev. 2012. “Nature Conservation - A New Dimension in Open Access Publishing Bridging Science and Application.” Nature Conservation 1:1–10. doi: 10.3897/natureconservation.1.3081.
- Ioannides, M., A. Hadjiprocopi, N. Doulamis, A. Doulamis, E. Protopapadakis, K. Makantasis, P. Santos, D. Fellner, A. Stork, O. Balet, M. Julien, G. Weinlinger, P. S. Johnson, M. Klein, and D. Fritsch. 2013. “Online 4d Reconstruction Using Multi-Images Available under Open Access.” Pp. 169–74 in ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. Vol. 2.
- Karanastasis, E., G. Tsatsaronis, V. Andronikou, D. Eisinger, E. Chondrogiannis, and A. Petrova. 2014. “The Opensciencelink Architecture for Novel Services Exploiting Open Access Data in the Biomedical Domain.” in ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. Vols. 02-04-October-2014.
- Kattge, J., G. Bönisch, S. Díaz, S. Lavorel, I. C. Prentice, P. Leadley, S. Tautenhahn, G. D. A. Werner, T. Aakala, M. Abedi, A. T. R. Acosta, G. C. Adamidis, K. Adamson, M. Aiba, C. H. Albert, J. M. Alcántara, C. Alcázar C, I. Aleixo, H. Ali, B. Amiaud, C. Ammer, M. M. Amoroso, M. Anand, C. Anderson, N. Anten, J. Antos, D. M. G. Apgaua, T. L. Ashman, D. H. Asmara, G. P. Asner, M. Aspinwall, O. Atkin, I. Aubin, L. Baastrup-Spohr, K. Bahalkeh, M. Bahn, T. Baker, W. J. Baker, J. P. Bakker, D. Baldocchi, J. Baltzer, A. Banerjee, A. Baranger, J. Barlow, D. R. Barneche, Z. Baruch, D. Bastianelli, J. Battles, W. Bauerle, M. Bauters, E. Bazzato, M. Beckmann, H. Beeckman, C. Beierkuhnlein, R. Bekker, G. Belfry, M. Belluau, M. Beloiu, R. Benavides, L. Benomar, M. L. Berdugo-Lattke, E. Berenguer, R. Bergamin, J. Bergmann, M. Bergmann Carlucci, L. Berner, M. Bernhardt-Römermann, C. Bigler, A. D. Bjorkman, C. Blackman, C. Blanco, B. Blonder, D. Blumenthal, K. T. Bocanegra-González, P. Boeckx, S. Bohlman, K. Böhning-Gaese, L. Boisvert-Marsh, W. Bond, B. Bond-Lamberty, A. Boom, C. C. F. Boonman, K. Bordin, E. H. Boughton, V. Boukili, D. M. J. S. Bowman, S. Bravo, M. R. Brendel, M. R. Broadley, K. A. Brown, H. Bruelheide, F. Brumnich, H. H. Bruun, D. Bruy, S. W. Buchanan, S. F. Bucher, N. Buchmann, R. Buitenwerf, D. E. Bunker, J. Bürger, S. Burrascano, D. F. R. P. Burslem, B. J. Butterfield, C. Byun, M. Marques, M. C. Scalon, M. Caccianiga, M. Cadotte, M. Cailleret, J. Camac, J. J. Camarero, C. Campany, G. Campetella, J. A. Campos, L. Cano-Arboleda, R. Canullo, M. Carbognani, F. Carvalho, F. Casanoves, B. Castagneyrol, J. A. Catford, J. Cavender-Bares, B. E. L. Cerabolini, M. Cervellini, E. Chacón-Madrigal, K. Chapin, F. S. Chapin, S. Chelli, S. C. Chen, A. Chen, P. Cherubini, F. Chianucci, B. Choat, K. S. Chung, M. Chytrý, D. Ciccarelli, L. Coll, C. G. Collins, L. Conti, D. Coomes, J. H. C. Cornelissen, W. K. Cornwell, P. Corona, M. Coyea, J. Craine, D. Craven, J. P. G. M. Cromsigt, A. Csecserits, K. Cufar, M. Cuntz, A. C. da Silva, K. M. Dahlin, M. Dainese, I. Dalke, M. Dalle Fratte, A. T. Dang-Le, J. Danihelka, M. Dannoura, S. Dawson, A. J. de Beer, A. De Frutos, J. R. De Long, B. Dechant, S. Delagrange, N. Delpierre, G. Derroire, A. S. Dias, M. H. Diaz-Toribio, P. G. Dimitrakopoulos, M. Dobrowolski, D. Doktor, P. Dřevojan, N. Dong, J. Dransfield, S. Dressler, L. Duarte, E. Ducouret, S. Dullinger, W. Durka, R. Duursma, O. Dymova, A. E-Vojtkó, R. L. Eckstein, H. Ejtehadi, J. Elser, T. Emilio, K. Engemann, M. B. Erfanian, A. Erfmeier, A. Esquivel-Muelbert, G. Esser, M. Estiarte, T. F. Domingues, W. F. Fagan, J. Fagúndez, D. S. Falster, Y. Fan, J. Fang, E. Farris, F. Fazlioglu, Y. Feng, F. Fernandez-Mendez, C. Ferrara, J. Ferreira, A. Fidelis, B. Finegan, J. Firn, T. J. Flowers, D. F. B. Flynn, V. Fontana, E. Forey, C. Forgiarini, L. François, M. Frangipani, D. Frank, C. Frenette-Dussault, G. T. Freschet, E. L. Fry, N. M. Fyllas, G. G. Mazzochini, S. Gachet, R. Gallagher, G. Ganade, F. Ganga, P. García-Palacios, V. Gargaglione, E. Garnier, J. L. Garrido, A. L. de Gasper, G. Gea-Izquierdo, D. Gibson, A. N. Gillison, A. Giroldo, M. C. Glasenhardt, S. Gleason, M. Gliesch, E. Goldberg, B. Göldel, E. Gonzalez-Akre, J. L. Gonzalez-Andujar, A. González-Melo, A. González-Robles, B. J. Graae, E. Granda, S. Graves, W. A. Green, T. Gregor, N. Gross, G. R. Guerin, A. Günther, A. G. Gutiérrez, L. Haddock, A. Haines, J. Hall, A. Hambuckers, W. Han, S. P. Harrison, W. Hattingh, J. E. Hawes, T. He, P. He, J. M. Heberling, A. Helm, S. Hempel, J. Hentschel, B. Hérault, A. M. Hereş, K. Herz, M. Heuertz, T. Hickler, P. Hietz, P. Higuchi, A. L. Hipp, A. Hirons, M. Hock, J. A. Hogan, K. Holl, O. Honnay, D. Hornstein, E. Hou, N. Hough-Snee, K. A. Hovstad, T. Ichie, B. Igić, E. Illa, M. Isaac, M. Ishihara, L. Ivanov, L. Ivanova, C. M. Iversen, J. Izquierdo, R. B. Jackson, B. Jackson, H. Jactel, A. M. Jagodzinski, U. Jandt, S. Jansen, T. Jenkins, A. Jentsch, J. R. P. Jespersen, G. F. Jiang, J. L. Johansen, D. Johnson, E. J. Jokela, C. A. Joly, G. J. Jordan, G. S. Joseph, D. Junaedi, R. R. Junker, E. Justes, R. Kabzems, J. Kane, Z. Kaplan, T. Kattenborn, L. Kavelenova, E. Kearsley, A. Kempel, T. Kenzo, A. Kerkhoff, M. I. Khalil, N. L. Kinlock, W. D. Kissling, K. Kitajima, T. Kitzberger, R. Kjøller, T. Klein, M. Kleyer, J. Klimešová, J. Klipel, B. Kloeppel, S. Klotz, J. M. H. Knops, T. Kohyama, F. Koike, J. Kollmann, B. Komac, K. Komatsu, C. König, N. J. B. Kraft, K. Kramer, H. Kreft, I. Kühn, D. Kumarathunge, J. Kuppler, H. Kurokawa, Y. Kurosawa, S. Kuyah, J. P. Laclau, B. Lafleur, E. Lallai, E. Lamb, A. Lamprecht, D. J. Larkin, D. Laughlin, Y. Le Bagousse-Pinguet, G. le Maire, P. C. le Roux, E. le Roux, T. Lee, F. Lens, S. L. Lewis, B. Lhotsky, Y. Li, X. Li, J. W. Lichstein, M. Liebergesell, J. Y. Lim, Y. S. Lin, J. C. Linares, C. Liu, D. Liu, U. Liu, S. Livingstone, J. Llusià, M. Lohbeck, Á. López-García, G. Lopez-Gonzalez, Z. Lososová, F. Louault, B. A. Lukács, P. Lukeš, Y. Luo, M. Lussu, S. Ma, C. Maciel Rabelo Pereira, M. Mack, V. Maire, A. Mäkelä, H. Mäkinen, A. C. M. Malhado, A. Mallik, P. Manning, S. Manzoni, Z. Marchetti, L. Marchino, V. Marcilio-Silva, E. Marcon, M. Marignani, L. Markesteijn, A. Martin, C. Martínez-Garza, J. Martínez-Vilalta, T. Mašková, K. Mason, N. Mason, T. J. Massad, J. Masse, I. Mayrose, J. McCarthy, M. L. McCormack, K. McCulloh, I. R. McFadden, B. J. McGill, M. Y. McPartland, J. S. Medeiros, B. Medlyn, P. Meerts, Z. Mehrabi, P. Meir, F. P. L. Melo, M. Mencuccini, C. Meredieu, J. Messier, I. Mészáros, J. Metsaranta, S. T. Michaletz, C. Michelaki, S. Migalina, R. Milla, J. E. D. Miller, V. Minden, R. Ming, K. Mokany, A. T. Moles, A. Molnár, J. Molofsky, M. Molz, R. A. Montgomery, A. Monty, L. Moravcová, A. Moreno-Martínez, M. Moretti, A. S. Mori, S. Mori, D. Morris, J. Morrison, L. Mucina, S. Mueller, C. D. Muir, S. C. Müller, F. Munoz, I. H. Myers-Smith, R. W. Myster, M. Nagano, S. Naidu, A. Narayanan, B. Natesan, L. Negoita, A. S. Nelson, E. L. Neuschulz, J. Ni, G. Niedrist, J. Nieto, Ü. Niinemets, R. Nolan, H. Nottebrock, Y. Nouvellon, A. Novakovskiy, K. O. Nystuen, A. O’Grady, K. O’Hara, A. O’Reilly-Nugent, S. Oakley, W. Oberhuber, T. Ohtsuka, R. Oliveira, K. Öllerer, M. E. Olson, V. Onipchenko, Y. Onoda, R. E. Onstein, J. C. Ordonez, N. Osada, I. Ostonen, G. Ottaviani, S. Otto, G. E. Overbeck, W. A. Ozinga, A. T. Pahl, C. E. T. Paine, R. J. Pakeman, A. C. Papageorgiou, E. Parfionova, M. Pärtel, M. Patacca, S. Paula, J. Paule, H. Pauli, J. G. Pausas, B. Peco, J. Penuelas, A. Perea, P. L. Peri, A. C. Petisco-Souza, A. Petraglia, A. M. Petritan, O. L. Phillips, S. Pierce, V. D. Pillar, J. Pisek, A. Pomogaybin, H. Poorter, A. Portsmuth, P. Poschlod, C. Potvin, D. Pounds, A. S. Powell, S. A. Power, A. Prinzing, G. Puglielli, P. Pyšek, V. Raevel, A. Rammig, J. Ransijn, C. A. Ray, P. B. Reich, M. Reichstein, D. E. B. Reid, M. Réjou-Méchain, V. R. de Dios, S. Ribeiro, S. Richardson, K. Riibak, M. C. Rillig, F. Riviera, E. M. R. Robert, S. Roberts, B. Robroek, A. Roddy, A. V. Rodrigues, A. Rogers, E. Rollinson, V. Rolo, C. Römermann, D. Ronzhina, C. Roscher, J. A. Rosell, M. F. Rosenfield, C. Rossi, D. B. Roy, S. Royer-Tardif, N. Rüger, R. Ruiz-Peinado, S. B. Rumpf, G. M. Rusch, M. Ryo, L. Sack, A. Saldaña, B. Salgado-Negret, R. Salguero-Gomez, I. Santa-Regina, A. C. Santacruz-García, J. Santos, J. Sardans, B. Schamp, M. Scherer-Lorenzen, M. Schleuning, B. Schmid, M. Schmidt, S. Schmitt, J. V. Schneider, S. D. Schowanek, J. Schrader, F. Schrodt, B. Schuldt, F. Schurr, G. Selaya Garvizu, M. Semchenko, C. Seymour, J. C. Sfair, J. M. Sharpe, C. S. Sheppard, S. Sheremetiev, S. Shiodera, B. Shipley, T. A. Shovon, A. Siebenkäs, C. Sierra, V. Silva, M. Silva, T. Sitzia, H. Sjöman, M. Slot, N. G. Smith, D. Sodhi, P. Soltis, D. Soltis, B. Somers, G. Sonnier, M. V. Sørensen, E. E. Sosinski, N. A. Soudzilovskaia, A. F. Souza, M. Spasojevic, M. G. Sperandii, A. B. Stan, J. Stegen, K. Steinbauer, J. G. Stephan, F. Sterck, D. B. Stojanovic, T. Strydom, M. L. Suarez, J. C. Svenning, I. Svitková, M. Svitok, M. Svoboda, E. Swaine, N. Swenson, M. Tabarelli, K. Takagi, U. Tappeiner, R. Tarifa, S. Tauugourdeau, C. Tavsanoglu, M. te Beest, L. Tedersoo, N. Thiffault, D. Thom, E. Thomas, K. Thompson, P. E. Thornton, W. Thuiller, L. Tichý, D. Tissue, M. G. Tjoelker, D. Y. P. Tng, J. Tobias, P. Török, T. Tarin, J. M. Torres-Ruiz, B. Tóthmérész, M. Treurnicht, V. Trivellone, F. Trolliet, V. Trotsiuk, J. L. Tsakalos, I. Tsiripidis, N. Tysklind, T. Umehara, V. Usoltsev, M. Vadeboncoeur, J. Vaezi, F. Valladares, J. Vamosi, P. M. van Bodegom, M. van Breugel, E. Van Cleemput, M. van de Weg, S. van der Merwe, F. van der Plas, M. T. van der Sande, M. van Kleunen, K. Van Meerbeek, M. Vanderwel, K. A. Vanselow, A. Vårhammar, L. Varone, M. Y. Vasquez Valderrama, K. Vassilev, M. Vellend, E. J. Veneklaas, H. Verbeeck, K. Verheyen, A. Vibrans, I. Vieira, J. Villacís, C. Violle, P. Vivek, K. Wagner, M. Waldram, A. Waldron, A. P. Walker, M. Waller, G. Walther, H. Wang, F. Wang, W. Wang, H. Watkins, J. Watkins, U. Weber, J. T. Weedon, L. Wei, P. Weigelt, E. Weiher, A. W. Wells, C. Wellstein, E. Wenk, M. Westoby, A. Westwood, P. J. White, M. Whitten, M. Williams, D. E. Winkler, K. Winter, C. Womack, I. J. Wright, S. J. Wright, J. Wright, B. X. Pinho, F. Ximenes, T. Yamada, K. Yamaji, R. Yanai, N. Yankov, B. Yguel, K. J. Zanini, A. E. Zanne, D. Zelený, Y. P. Zhao, J. Zheng, J. Zheng, K. Ziemińska, C. R. Zirbel, G. Zizka, I. C. Zo-Bi, G. Zotz, and C. Wirth. 2020. “TRY Plant Trait Database – Enhanced Coverage and Open Access.” Global Change Biology 26(1):119–88. doi: 10.1111/gcb.14904.
- Korn, P., E. Bekiaris, and M. Gemou. 2009. “Towards Open Access Accessibility Everywhere: The ÆgIS Concept.” Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Including Subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics) 5614 LNCS(PART 1):535–43. doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-02707-9_60.
- Lionarakis, A. 2008. “4ht ICODL 2007 Forms of Democracy in Education: Open Access and Distance Education - Athens, Greece.” Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education 9(1):239.
- Liu, C., D. Springer, Q. Li, B. Moody, R. A. Juan, F. J. Chorro, F. Castells, J. M. Roig, I. Silva, A. E. W. Johnson, Z. Syed, S. E. Schmidt, C. D. Papadaniil, L. Hadjileontiadis, H. Naseri, A. Moukadem, A. Dieterlen, C. Brandt, H. Tang, M. Samieinasab, M. R. Samieinasab, R. Sameni, R. G. Mark, and G. D. Clifford. 2016. “An Open Access Database for the Evaluation of Heart Sound Algorithms.” Physiological Measurement 37(12):2181–2213. doi: 10.1088/0967-3334/37/12/2181.
- Madrid: FECYT: 39-62.
- Maglogiannis, I. 2012. “Towards the Adoption of Open Source and Open Access Electronic Health Record Systems.” Journal of Healthcare Engineering 3(1):141–61. doi: 10.1260/2040-22126.96.36.199.
- Makris, N., C. Zarafetas, S. Kechagias, T. Korakis, I. Seskar, and L. Tassiulas. 2015. “Enabling Open Access to LTE Network Components; The NITOS Testbed Paradigm.” in 1st IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization: Software-Defined Infrastructures for Networks, Clouds, IoT and Services, NETSOFT 2015.
- Nafpliotis, A., V. Tsoukala, N. Houssos, A. Kalaitzis, and E. Sachini. 2014a. “EKT EPublishing: Developing an Open Access Publishing Service for the Greek Research Community.” Information Services and Use 34(3–4):309–14. doi: 10.3233/ISU-140752.
- Nafpliotis, A., V. Tsoukala, N. Houssos, A. Kalaitzis, and E. Sachini. 2014b. “EKT EPublishing: Developing an Open Access Publishing Service for the Greek Research Community.” Pp. 112–18 in Let’s Put Data to Use: Digital Scholarship for the Next Generation - Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Electronic Publishing, ELPUB 2014.
- National Open Access and Preservation Policies in Europe: Analysis of a Questionnaire to the European Research Area Committee; EUROPEAN UNION, 2011.
- Nikolas, A., S. Sotiriou, P. Zervas, and D. G. Sampson. 2014. Open Access to Formal and Informal Learning: Theory and Practice the Open Discovery Space Portal: A Socially-Powered and Open Federated Infrastructure.
- Panteris, V., N. Vasilakis, M. Demonakou, E. Kornarou, E. Ktenas, E. Rapti, G. Spithakis, K. Katopodi, M. Horti, S. Vgenopoulou, J. Triantafyllidis, A. Papalois, and P. Karantanos. 2020. “Alarming Endoscopic Data in Young and Older Asymptomatic People: Results of an Open Access, Unlimited Age Colonoscopic Screening for Colorectal Cancer.” Molecular and Clinical Oncology 12(2):179–85. doi: 10.3892/mco.2019.1967.
- Papadavid, E., and M. E. Falagas. 2007. “World Wide Web Resources of Open Access, Educational Dermatology Clinical Image Quizzes and Databases.” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 56(6):e81–85. doi: 10.1016/j.jaad.2007.01.039.
- Petsios, K. 2017. “The Impact of Online Open Access Journals on the Quality of Published Articles in Nursing.” Hellenic Journal of Nursing 56(4):291–92.
- Pitchford, L. C., L. L. Alves, K. Bartschat, S. F. Biagi, M. C. Bordage, I. Bray, C. E. Brion, M. J. Brunger, L. Campbell, A. Chachereau, B. Chaudhury, L. G. Christophorou, E. Carbone, N. A. Dyatko, C. M. Franck, D. V. Fursa, R. K. Gangwar, V. Guerra, P. Haefliger, G. J. M. Hagelaar, A. Hoesl, Y. Itikawa, I. V. Kochetov, R. P. McEachran, W. L. Morgan, A. P. Napartovich, V. Puech, M. Rabie, L. Sharma, R. Srivastava, A. D. Stauffer, J. Tennyson, J. de Urquijo, J. van Dijk, L. A. Viehland, M. C. Zammit, O. Zatsarinny, and S. Pancheshnyi. 2017. “LXCat: An Open-Access, Web-Based Platform for Data Needed for Modeling Low Temperature Plasmas.” Plasma Processes and Polymers 14(1–2). doi: 10.1002/ppap.201600098.
- Rocha, B. M., D. Filos, L. Mendes, G. Serbes, S. Ulukaya, Y. P. Kahya, N. Jakovljevic, T. L. Turukalo, I. M. Vogiatzis, E. Perantoni, E. Kaimakamis, P. Natsiavas, A. Oliveira, C. Jácome, A. Marques, N. Maglaveras, R. Pedro Paiva, I. Chouvarda, and P. De Carvalho. 2019. “An Open Access Database for the Evaluation of Respiratory Sound Classification Algorithms.” Physiological Measurement 40(3). doi: 10.1088/1361-6579/ab03ea.
- Sachini, E. et.al (2009). Open access in the Humanities: a case study of developing three open-access electronic journals in Greece. In: 13th International Conference on Electronic Publishing: Innovation in Communication Paradigms and Technologies, 10-12 June 2009, Milan, Italy: 543-556.
- Sachini, E., V. Tsoukala, N. C. Houssos, I. O. Stathopoulou, C. E. Paschou, and A. Paraskevopoulou. 2009. “Open Access in the Humanities: A Case Study of Developing Three Open-Access Electronic Journals in Greece.” Pp. 543–56 in ELPUB 2009 - Rethinking Electronic Publishing: Innovation in Communication Paradigms and Technologies - Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Electronic Publishing.
- Sampson, D. G., and P. Zervas. 2012a. “Open Access to European Academic Courses Supported by the ASK-CDM-ECTS Tool.” Pp. 75–82 in Proceedings - 2012 IEEE 4th International Conference on Technology for Education, T4E 2012.
- Sampson, D. G., and P. Zervas. 2012b. “Open Access to Mobile Assisted Language Learning Supported by the Mobile2Learn Framework.” Pp. 441–45 in Proceedings of the 12th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies, ICALT 2012.
- Sampson, D. G., and P. Zervas. 2012c. “Supporting Open Access to European Academic Courses: The ASK-CDM-ECTS Tool.” Campus-Wide Information Systems 30(1):44–62. doi: 10.1108/10650741311288814.
- Sampson, D. G., and P. Zervas. 2014. “A Hierarchical Framework for Open Access to Education and Learning.” International Journal of Web Based Communities 10(1):25–51. doi: 10.1504/IJWBC.2014.058385.
- Sampson, D. G., D. Ifenthaler, J. M. Spector, and P. Isaías. 2014. Digital Systems for Open Access to Formal and Informal Learning.
- Sampson, D. G., D. Ifenthaler, P. Isaías, and J. M. Spector. 2014. Digital Systems for Open Access to Formal and Informal Learning.
- Sampson, D. G., P. Zervas, and S. Sotiriou. 2012. “Open Access to Science Education Resources and Learning Designs in Europe.” Pp. 200–203 in Proceedings - 2012 IEEE 4th International Conference on Technology for Education, T4E 2012.
- Sevastas, S., I. Siarkos, N. Theodossiou, and I. Ifadis. 2018. “Evaluating the Use of Measured and/or Open Access Data in Watershed Modeling through an Integrated Modeling Procedure.” Desalination and Water Treatment 133:268–82. doi: 10.5004/dwt.2018.23002.
- Sgouropoulou, C., P. Belsis, and A. Koutoumanos. 2011. “Design for All: Towards a Social Platform for Integrating Distributed Open-Access Repositories.” in ACM International Conference Proceeding Series.
- Sitara, M., and E. Vouligea. 2014. “Open Access to Archeological Data and the Greek Law.” Communications in Computer and Information Science 441:170–79. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-11710-2_16.
- Spires-Jones, T. L., P. Poirazi, and M. S. Grubb. 2016. “Opening up: Open Access Publishing, Data Sharing, and How They Can Influence Your Neuroscience Career.” European Journal of Neuroscience 43(11):1413–19. doi: 10.1111/ejn.13234.
- Sveinsdottir, T., B. A. Wessels, R. Smallwood, P. Linde, V. Kala, V. Tsoukala, and J. Sondervan. 2014a. “Policy Recommendations for Open Access to Research Data in Europe-Stakeholder Values and Ecosystems.” Information Services and Use 34(3–4):331–33. doi: 10.3233/ISU-140756.
- Sveinsdottir, T., B. A. Wessels, R. Smallwood, P. Linde, V. Kala, V. Tsoukala, and J. Sondervan. 2014b. “Policy Recommendations for Open Access to Research Data in Europe-Stakeholder Values and Ecosystems.” Pp. 131–34 in Let’s Put Data to Use: Digital Scholarship for the Next Generation - Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Electronic Publishing, ELPUB 2014.
- Togia, A., and S. Korobili. 2014a. “Attitudes towards Open Access: A Meta-Synthesis of the Empirical Literature.” Information Services and Use 34(3–4):221–31. doi: 10.3233/ISU-140742.
- Togia, A., and S. Korobili. 2014b. “Attitudes towards Open Access: A Meta-Synthesis of the Empirical Literature.” Pp. 13–22 in Let’s Put Data to Use: Digital Scholarship for the Next Generation - Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Electronic Publishing, ELPUB 2014.
- Togia, A., E. Koseoglou, S. Zapounidou, and N. Tsigilis. 2020. “Open Access Infrastructure in Greece: Current Status, Challenges and Perspectives.” in 22nd International Conference on Electronic Publishing - Connecting the Knowledge Commons: From Projects to Sustainable Infrastructure, ELPUB 2018.
- Tsakonas, G., and C. Papatheodorou. 2008. “Exploring Usefulness and Usability in the Evaluation of Open Access Digital Libraries.” Information Processing and Management 44(3):1234–50. doi: 10.1016/j.ipm.2007.07.008.
- Tsalis, K., N. Antoniou, Z. Koukouritaki, D. Patridas, E. Christoforidis, and C. Lazaridis. 2015. “Open-Access Technique and ‘Critical View of Safety’ as the Safest Way to Perform Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.” Surgical Laparoscopy, Endoscopy and Percutaneous Techniques 25(2):119–24. doi: 10.1097/SLE.0000000000000055.
- Tsiropoulou, E. E., G. K. Katsinis, A. Filios, and S. Papavassiliou. 2014. “On the Problem of Optimal Cell Selection and Uplink Power Control in Open Access Multi-Service Two-Tier Femtocell Networks.” Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Including Subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics) 8487 LNCS:114–27. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-07425-2_9.
- Tzias, V., E. Xirouchakis, N. Margetis, and D. Kamberoglou. 2006. “Causes of Non-Attendance at an Open-Access Endoscopy Outpatient Clinic .” Endoscopy 38(4):427. doi: 10.1055/s-2006-925279.
- Vardakosta, I., and S. Kapidakis. 2017. “Policies, Open Access and Cooperation as Factors Influencing Geospatial Collections in Libraries and Institutional Repositories.” Journal of Academic Librarianship 43(6):509–17. doi: 10.1016/j.acalib.2017.08.011.
- Vlachaki, A., and C. Urquhart. 2010. “Use of Open Access Journals in Biomedicine in Greece.” Library Management 31(1):19–26. doi: 10.1108/01435121011013368.
- Vlachaki, A.; Urquhart, C. (2010) Use of open access journals in biomedicine in Greece Library Management, Vol. 31 (1/2): 19-26. DOI: 10.1108/01435121011013368
- Wessels, B., R. L. Finn, P. Linde, P. Mazzetti, S. Nativi, S. Riley, R. Smallwood, M. J. Taylor, V. Tsoukala, K. Wadhwa, and S. Wyatt. 2014. “Issues in the Development of Open Access to Research Data.” Prometheus (United Kingdom) 32(1):49–66. doi: 10.1080/08109028.2014.956505.
- Zervas, P., V. Kardaras, and D. G. Sampson. 2014. “An Online Educational Portal for Supporting Open Access to Teaching and Learning of People with Disabilities.” Pp. 564–65 in Proceedings - IEEE 14th International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies, ICALT 2014.
- Zervas, P., V. Kardaras, S. Baldiris, J. Bacca, C. Avila, Y. Politis, Deveril, J. Treviranus, R. Fabregat, L. Goodman, and D. G. Sampson. 2014. Supporting Open Access to Teaching and Learning of People with Disabilities.
The content on this page is available under CC-BY-SA IGO 3.0. / The contentment of this page is available under CC-BY-SA IGO 3.0